Direct Drive Sprockets

rainman

Other than Comet or TS, where else can I find direct drive sprockets for a TT75 (IAME crank)? I found 11 teeth but need some 10t and a few spare 9 teeth. When I checked my storage I found out the ones I had were for engines with different taper. Thanks.

Other than Comet or TS, where else can I find direct drive sprockets for a TT75 (IAME crank)? I found 11 teeth but need some 10t and a few spare 9 teeth. When I checked my storage I found out the ones I had were for engines with different taper. Thanks.
have a box of sprockets that came off iame direct drive reed jets
9 and 10 tooth, some good used and some new.
can have for shipping
al
if they will fit????

have a box of sprockets that came off iame direct drive reed jets
9 and 10 tooth, some good used and some new.
can have for shipping
al
if they will fit????
I'll get them. They can fit my TT75 and in any case they would fit my other engines. I'll pay for them. How much do you want?

I have some with metric tapers, same as magneto side most 100cc engines, #219 pitch 9t thru 11T.
Mike Berg
magmo44@att.net
Mike, the ones i had from other European engines didn't fit. I think the ones from the PCRs are different, unless I got all messed up with so many parts and engines, lol. IAME are 9.45 taper. What do you have? Interested since i do have a bunch of different engines.

Last edited:
If the taper is close (say... within a quarter degree per side or something like that), they can be re-ground to fit.

I have a toolpost grinder for my lathe, and have reground tapers in clutch hubs to fit different cranks (e.g. Yamaha 10 degree per side to IAME 9.75 degree per side).

Have you talked with Lynn Haddock about this? -- he may have the correct sprockets.

PM

Do any of you still have any direct drive sprockets you would sell? Haven't heard from anyone. Thanks.

Mike, the ones i had from other European engines didn't fit. I think the ones from the PCRs are different, unless I got all messed up with so many parts and engines, lol. IAME are 9.45 taper. What do you have? Interested since i do have a bunch of different engines.
I sure do not know all the sizes or types, but I thinlk m ost have the same taper, problem is diameter of taper start and finish maybe even length of taper also location of gear on each sprocket not all in the same place but you can move axle sprocket to align.

I sure do not know all the sizes or types, but I thinlk m ost have the same taper, problem is diameter of taper start and finish maybe even length of taper also location of gear on each sprocket not all in the same place but you can move axle sprocket to align.
IAME seems to be different. I have more sprockets but in Spain. Not the right time for a trip there to get my sprockets, lol.

If you would like to call please do I do not have the time to check messages. Mike
309 786 3204
I will if i can't find what I need. Thanks a lot, Mike. I would certainly like to meet with you at some race and talk about Arisco, IDK and all that stuff.

Thanks for the sprockets, Al (aeshman). Great people here on Bob's. He sent me the sprockets and didn't ask for anything, even shipping. Sent him a check anyway, deserves at least a nice lunch/dinner. By the way still trying to find some 10 teeth. Now i have plenty of 9 teeth, and a couple of 11 teeth. Might get extra 11t, but really need 10t for longer tracks since with the axle clutch can't fit smaller rear gears for longer tracks and do not want to use a jackshaft on this one. Thanks.

Thanks for the sprockets, Al (aeshman). Great people here on Bob's. He sent me the sprockets and didn't ask for anything, even shipping. Sent him a check anyway, deserves at least a nice lunch/dinner. By the way still trying to find some 10 teeth. Now i have plenty of 9 teeth, and a couple of 11 teeth. Might get extra 11t, but really need 10t for longer tracks since with the axle clutch can't fit smaller rear gears for longer tracks and do not want to use a jackshaft on this one. Thanks.
No idea if you still need, or if the engines sold in US are different but these sprockets fit most 100cc 2-strokes from this era with tapered shaft.

https://www.mondokart.com/en/engine..._query=100cc&results=121#/engine_sprocket-z10

Back when I road raced, I was needing a 13t driver to make the gear ratios range for all tracks. No one made that...so I did. Bought a driver that bolts to a steel nitro clutch. Took my worn out engine driver and had them machine it so the clutch driver would press fit. I brought it home and welded it together. Never had any issues with them. They lasted a long time even after heating them with the weld. I ended up making about 10 of those until I gave up and started using belt drive

Back