Dirt Chopper Clutch Choices???

Killforfood

C68DCAF8-0D0F-482E-9C44-9ABA281E58E0.jpeg

Not many choices available for a 1” clutch driving #40 chain. Noram 1600 is only rated for 3hp to 15hp with a 2050rpm stall speed. The maximum stall is 2400rpm using silver springs.
I’m considering a 4 disc Bully but by the time I buy springs and a custom driver I’m in it over $500. Just wondering what other options there might be?

P.S. I’m an old member with around 500 posts but that all seems to have been lost.

I can put together a 4 disc Viper 1" Bore for you much cheaper, but I dont see any driver option for a #40

Chautauqua machine makes a 420 Bully driver. It’s 1/16” narrower than a 40 driver but would probably work.

I can set you up with the Viper 1" Big Block Clutch for $315 shipped to your door, it uses the Buller Turbo 1" style sprockets (no sprocket included)

Flip the tire put the clutch on the jackshaft .
Chain size would still need to be worked out .
The brake would need moved as well . Nice peice , looks fun .

Flip the tire put the clutch on the jackshaft .
Chain size would still need to be worked out .
The brake would need moved as well . Nice peice , looks fun .
Yah, it was all fun and giggles till this dude on a 620cc beat me.
Now it’s a grudge match!
I’ve been toying with your idea of moving the clutch to the jack shaft. It would instantly double the stall speed.
That big fat tire makes fitting the rotor onto the rear axle a very tight fit. Possible though and safer since as it sits a broken chain means a loss of rear brakes!
0AA5FE1A-9A66-4D77-AC15-FCC6BFDE5E4C.png

Back