dirt road track kart setup

get new short hubs with American bolt pattern , use 6" wheels . I rum an old SKM with an open 100cc , these chassies like a lot of HP .
move your wheels to .025 from the frame , loosen every pivot point on the kart rear bumper bolts so loose I have to zip tie them from viberating out . Nerf bars should be loose [ move 1/2 " ] . my seat is even loose . work with the spelling I work at night

Just leave the bearing out .
Cant set frt width with a rear tire .
Myself would try and get it even with the nerf pod , outside .

get new short hubs with American bolt pattern , use 6" wheels . I rum an old SKM with an open 100cc , these chassies like a lot of HP .
move your wheels to .025 from the frame , loosen every pivot point on the kart rear bumper bolts so loose I have to zip tie them from viberating out . Nerf bars should be loose [ move 1/2 " ] . my seat is even loose . work with the spelling I work at night
oh i cant spell at all no worries but leave every bolt loose? wont that be a rattle trap? seems like it would just fall apart?

Just leave the bearing out .
Cant set frt width with a rear tire .
Myself would try and get it even with the nerf pod , outside .
ok thats what I thought it ment to just remove it and only run 2 .
would you not run a tire that wide on the front for dirt what size tire should I run?

oh i cant spell at all no worries but leave every bolt loose? wont that be a rattle trap? seems like it would just fall apart?
Use nyloc nuts .
Purpose is more frame flex .
Its a odf situation , i would try a 6/6 or 6/5 depending on the wheel. Maybe a 5.5 wide .
Depends on tire brand . If it came with several tires just try em out .

ok I'm gonna look for some 6"wide tires for the front there is a swap meet in Wapakoneta in a couple weeks hopefully find some of the parts I need there

Ok update picked up some short hubs for the rear and a set of wheels and tires along with some parts for the engine trying to sort things out and get stuff ready to go together. My next next hurdle is the brakes don't work. I removed the front calipers and master cylinder completely as you guys explained since I'm on dirt I wont need the extra braking. but the rear master cylinder and caliper is completely frozen I disassembled everything and honed all the bores I have new cup seals coming. I am not sure though what seal to use on the bleeder screw and how exactly to bleed this system? its a crg kalifonia cart with crg brakes

Ok getting closer to getting this thing done I've losened at the bolts on everything but the axle. Had a little issue with the chain guard hitting frame but ground it doen not have about 3/16 clearance. Getting the chain on and adjusted ( I think correctly) was a pain there is no room everything is so tight. I'm assuming because it's not designed for this but maybe there all like this? Trying to get tires adjusted but I can't get the front wider then the rear. I've got all the spacers on the inside on the front. I've got the narrowest hubs I could find on the rear. Rear width is 54" from outside of the rims front is 51 1/4. But the front tires hit the side pods when you turn? Not sure what I should do from here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430-040328_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430-040328_Gallery.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230430-040408_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430-040408_Gallery.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230430-040421_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430-040421_Gallery.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 18
A couple other off topic things do I need to make a brace for this exhaust? And the fuel tank that is on it is only held on by one bolt and it doesn't touch the pan for supper is this going to be ok?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430-040511_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430-040511_Gallery.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230430-040456_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430-040456_Gallery.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230430-040441_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430-040441_Gallery.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 15
Ok getting closer to getting this thing done I've losened at the bolts on everything but the axle. Had a little issue with the chain guard hitting frame but ground it doen not have about 3/16 clearance. Getting the chain on and adjusted ( I think correctly) was a pain there is no room everything is so tight. I'm assuming because it's not designed for this but maybe there all like this? Trying to get tires adjusted but I can't get the front wider then the rear. I've got all the spacers on the inside on the front. I've got the narrowest hubs I could find on the rear. Rear width is 54" from outside of the rims front is 51 1/4. But the front tires hit the side pods when you turn? Not sure what I should do from here?
What in the world are you planning on running this contraption on?
Surely not dirt oval.

trying to get adjustments made to the tire width I got the rear axle down to 50" outside to outside and the front to 50 1/2 but notice that with the axle centered up in the rear (same amount sticking out on either side the front end is way offset to the right? I'm adjusting the spacers to even up the spacing is this the best way to go about this? moving the right front wheel in and pushing the left wheel out?

Back