Dirt Tires Racin' Question

Trackattack4

So went to my first dirt race and the kart was a rocket around 7pm, the feature was around 11 and much cooler. The kart was not gripping like it was the last time on the track. I think it was the way I was prepping the tires? I seen guys using a torch on the tires? Can anyone explain to me what I need to do in order to keep with the track. The tires had 80cc in the rights and I was told just to wipe them before I went out by the person I bought them from. Thanks

Get more prep into the tire and deeper in the tire, thus the reason you saw the torch, just some info if you don't agree with the torch use a heat gun or heat them in a hot box then wipe them.
However torch works best.

Theres no way to explain everything it needs to keep up with a dirt track. Experience, and being able to learn, will be beneficial, come the long run.
Theres about a thousand different preps, and different ways to apply. Pick a few preps, or one certain program, and learn it well. Dont be afraid to ask questions at the track, but know who you cant believe.

Back