Dirt to asphalt oval

No prep needed if using Yellow Vegas, if you use any go internal. Yes for heat gun and scrapper. No for refinishing. Good luck.

Anybody know a good starting point on stagger for flat 1/10th mile. Like Baerfield & Fremont. Thanks !

Preferably internal, if you go internal then as you said something mild. 2-3 oz at the most, half that in the left's.

Last edited:
Anybody know a good starting point on stagger for flat 1/10th mile. Like Baerfield & Fremont. Thanks !
I think I can give you a good place to start. If you measure between the straightaways and it measures 80 feet, 1 1/2 inch rear stagger. For every additional 10 feet between the straights, dropped the stagger 1/8 inch.

Once you get a feel for how the tires react to the prep, and how they run on the track you can try to adjust prep inside for different situations.

Also as mentioned just scrape the tires with a heat gun to remove rubber build up. Not usually much surfacing done unless certain circumstances. We only scrape our tires at the end of the race day, not after each session on the track. Some prefer to do this differently. We will change tires 2-3 times a day though. But, we'll run practice on the same set, and maybe the heat, then change for feature. Or change for heat and feature, just depends. You have a Pm...

Roughly half a season, depending on how many races you run. Give or take 4-5 race days. But, if you have two sets and swap them out over the heats to features you'll get a full season out of those two. Roughly 12 races or so.

if u flip them every show u can get more races and better performance as far as stagger i would be at f 1 .5 r 1.75

Flip is only on the right side...dismount and put the inside on the outside. And how long the tires last has a lot to do with the class weight and track surface.

TNT Raceways is a great asphalt track, I ran my Icon there before with firestones. I agree with vegas being the most common tire you will see. I am in the same boat when it comes to normally being on dirt, but it was definitely fun trying something new. Hope to see you there next season! You can look the track up on facebook, they are great at answering any questions you may have!

You will find that most successful asphalt racers make far more chassis adjustments and fewer tire adjustments then do dirt racers. Some don't even play with preps at all or only use them to extend the life of tires rather then a tuning to the track. Detail to camber, cross, left, rear stagger and tire pressure adjustment are most commonly adjusted. We use a pyrometer and find the info useful but many do fine without one.

Back