Dirt track conditions

So4581

hello, I have some questions about track conditions. Which type of track is considered to have grip and which type is considered slick? I’ve always understood that moisture has the bite and the dry hard tracks are the slick ones. I’m looking for a good explanation and why. I appreciate any input!

Theres not a definitive answer to this really. Dry tracks are slick mostly because of the light coating of dust/sand that is blown across the track surface. This doesn't always happen and a hard clean track can be very fast. Conversely tracks can be too wet and be slicker than snot. It really depends on the type of dirt you're working with

hello, I have some questions about track conditions. Which type of track is considered to have grip and which type is considered slick? I’ve always understood that moisture has the bite and the dry hard tracks are the slick ones. I’m looking for a good explanation and why. I appreciate any input!
Shoot i love when the the track is tacky but also rubbered up and not dusty

Your correct in the fact any dirt track needs moisture to make grip, the key is when and how much. which is where most track owners go wrong they don't add near enough. remember it can work both ways dry slick yes, and be moist slick as well which can be more slick than dry, however to achieve max grip you will need to start with a lot more water track will be moist slick then come around and grip up,plus hold so it does not go dusty, then many other factors come into play, outside temp, sunshine or cloudy, humidity, start time of the event, how long the event will last, total number of entries are all details need to take into account. When you get it all but perfect the track will continue to get faster every run out.

Back