Disc brake Dyno

unclelou

This is a dyno thst uses a disc brake from Chevy S10 truck as the absorber. The brake assembly is free to turn a few degrees. When a load is applied using screw device on master cylinder, the brake assembly rotates and torque arm of known length pushes down on hydraulic cylinder of a known area and gives a reading on pressure gauge. Using simple math or my spreadsheet this pressure id used to calculate torque. RPM is obtained from digital tach. Knowing torque and RPM the HP may be calculated. It also can be used for engine break in. It comes with two 212 predator non hemis for parts and a 212 hemi thst is complete. Also comes with ARC flywheel and rod for non hemi. $500 OBO Lou Nixon 904-540-3676 call or text
DF67FD3B-55F1-41F7-87DF-F53A7FC91C93.jpeg

Interesting, I have one that is very similar in design except it runs with a direct drive Lovejoy connector. I think someone from Comp Cam made mine years ago. I bet that not many are around.

I thought about building it that way but I was afraid of spinning a cast iron rotor that fast. I really enjoyed building this thing after I retired and before wife retired.

Back