Disc Clutch Learning

Why are there 2 disc clutches and single disk clutches and all these clutches they make for go akrts with different amounts of springs? Are the 3 diss clutches made for high hp or what? I have no clue about these disc clutches and I am gonna run one next year and I just want to learn about it? What clutches are best for what application? I am going with a 2 disk with 4 or 6 spring for a motor that will make around 21+ hp after the motor gets more aggresive parts in it and freshened. What kind of maintance is required with a clutch like that?

In addition to flattop1's recommendation, when I first got into karting years ago, I purchased a brand new 2 disk clutch, and found that the instructions that came with it were a fountain of information - read the instructions thoroughly. If you get a used clutch, get a copy of the directions if the source doesn't still have them. That, combined with flattop1's recommendation, will give you a huge amount of info.

I havnt bought a clutch yet but Brian Carlson is always helpful and I have ordered 1 or 2 things from him and both times what I ordered was high quality stuff so I figured I would buy a clutch from him. When it comes time to buy a clutch I am getting with Brian and probably gonna buy a used one if they have it because right now after purchasing my new stock appearing motor funds wont allow me to buy a new clutch. He has pointed me in the directions already of what clutch would be best for my application. It is sure a big step from a predator class to stock appearing and I plan on using this forum alot on my switch from predator to stock appearing because there is always great info on here that should help me.

Back