Discussion time

I think this is the result of taking a few lines of Zombie Dust up the snout, then buying a Sh*itbox thinking you're the next Chad Knaus!

Next class is how to prep your tires... lmao... i think i need another cup of coffee... i think i lost some brain cells from that one... lmao kudos that was hilarious...

I think his ideas of how a kart works are pretty much right on and all he has to do is blend it in with how you need to use a kart to be fast.

Not joking at all when I say what's next: I'd like to read what Al has to say about the video.

Most all of what I read for replies was bs beat him down and you can kick his butt on the track.
I don't recall reading thru this thread where anyone pointed out a problem with any one thing he explained and gave a reason why it's not correct.

It's one thing to run yer mouth and say yer wrong and another to explain why someone is wrong.
I read a lot of yer wrong without reading any reason or bull of why he's wrong !

... ok, put yer brain where yer mouths are. ... :)

I think his ideas of how a kart works are pretty much right on and all he has to do is blend it in with how you need to use a kart to be fast.

Not joking at all when I say what's next: I'd like to read what Al has to say about the video.

Most all of what I read for replies was bs beat him down and you can kick his butt on the track.
I don't recall reading thru this thread where anyone pointed out a problem with any one thing he explained and gave a reason why it's not correct.

It's one thing to run yer mouth and say yer wrong and another to explain why someone is wrong.
I read a lot of yer wrong without reading any reason or bull of why he's wrong !

... ok, put yer brain where yer mouths are. ... :)
Offset the rear axle?

It snowed last night I ain't been out the house all day . I stuck it out thanks to FF .
Even the boy got bored and gave up!
It would get ya going , course putting tires on and air in the tires would also .
Good point Paul .
If all you had was a framing square , tape measure and a level .
That method would do it .
Offsetting the tread width / Location was a thing back in the day .
The Australian kart racing movie comes too mind .
" Chop Chop get to work ".......:)

Offset the rear axle?

I like your reply and put a like on it.

I think he move the whole axle to the right only thinking to keep rear track width the same and get things on his baseline track arc. But writing without watching the video again I'm not sure.

If that's the case and the RR was in tight as it could to start with, wouldn't a possibly correct change to keep within his arc reasoning, to make the adjustment to fit or match the radius at the LF instead?

I think most all say because it just works best and the thinking is chassis manufactures make chassis to be use that way, have the RR in and line up the RF to the LR. Do I have the general gist of it correct?

I'm thinking it might be possible to go thru his video using his basic logic and bring his thought process into what's generally accepted on here as ok.

The other thing in his video I'm not at odds with but think there's more to it as far as how you use your tires is concerned is his basic reference to more banking less stagger.
If I look at generalities between high bank and flat concrete indoor racing, I think he's correct and so is Al for that matter.
But there's more to it then just that and averaging stagger calculations between the two, there's how the on track forces also differ so drastically between the two extremes.

edit: I think the above paragraph just helped me understand why Al's so adamant about cut and dry spread sheet numbers.
They are Great as far as they go but they lack the ability to include greatly varying on track forces which is what experience teaches you.

I think it's on track forces and how they vary between different racing applications and tracks is what keeps many on here at odds with the cut and dry crowd. Example would be a ratio is a ratio and today I'm introducing a stagger calculation based on banking along with what I think is a separate issue of stagger verses turn radius.
Each calculation per limited incomplete input can and likely will get you close and to some close enough to be 100% correct.
But each gives you an output to use which is lacking.
For some what they lack in accuracy is enough, for others their experience makes the amount of accuracy useless compared to their real world racing.

Last edited:
Back