do racing karts go up in value

wondering if any karts are considered collecter items.like certain models or maybe one that someone famous may of ridden etc etc. ive prob owned 40 karts over the last 30 yrs some i wished i still had for example a 93 testarossa,, a couple gauntlets . i also wonder what happens to alot of karts as they get replaced with newer stuff...

None of mine ever did . I think some of the old stuff is still in someone's shed or garage . Some eventually goes to scrap .
No doubt there's some famous kart driven by some famous person worth more then original value .

The only thing I’ve ever seen hold value is the Buller Velocity and the late 2000’s Buller Aero re-run before Buller got out of chassis. Those who still have them know they are still very good chassis and simply refuse to sell. And if they do sell, they almost always get what they asked for.

For a while I was buying old karts and restoring them to better than new condition. People want to pay the same price as they would for a crappy used kart that was beat to death. First thing they ask is what year was it made. Too stupid to understand condition is everything. So no, karts do not go up in value even if they're new old stock.

Sundog

For a while I was buying old karts and restoring them to better than new condition. People want to pay the same price as they would for a crappy used kart that was beat to death. First thing they ask is what year was it made. Too stupid to understand condition is everything. So no, karts do not go up in value even if they're new old stock.

Sundog
i agree on the making better than new ive did a few like that and my fav is when they ask if u will take 200 less than ur asking price and havnt even came and saw it

Hard thing for me to swallow is anything like 09 and older is a $500 go kart unless it is totally immaculate maybe $7-900. Great for buying, not so great at selling I’ve experienced both lol

all rupp racers. any old McCullough frame from 60s etc

Attachments

• mega motor kart.jpg
    mega motor kart.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 39
Vintage stuff has been very popular for many years now.
I have a friend that does very well at restoring vintage karts and engines.

With that said, over the past couple of years, used race karts have been bringing top dollar. Still not worth more than new, but worth considerably more than they were a few years ago.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There were some niche sprint karts that held value very well. When enough people had started blindly copying what Gary10 had been doing (including me), Arrow 4S karts were both hard to find and bringing a pretty penny. Now, it seems everything has leveled back off.

Well, I sold a really beat up BullerAero from the 90s to a guy in AZ for 500 bucks. Seemed to be because of nostalgia

Even with the vintage stuff that's bringing top dollar, I'd say the guys time restoring it went up in value more than the kart itself.

Here is the deal
There are 2 things when buying a kart
What it is worth Vs what the seller thinks its worth
Usually the seller thinks he has a pot of gold but most time the case it is an old chassis that would be suitable for riding in your front yard or possibly a backyard track. I hate it when someone tells em they know what they have. Yessir I know what you have too and it ain't nothin but a bunch of metal that an 8 year old should be riding in his front yard...nothing more

Back