do racing karts go up in value

RACING parts and RACING cars are designed to be consumed in the quest for SPEED. Value decreases with age (and diminishing speed potential) quite rapidly. Also, the fact that things can be re-powdercoated and a multitude of sins can be covered make used purchasing dicey. Any kart >10 yrs. old ~$500 IMO. And that's if the (leaky) brakes work.

None of mine ever did . I think some of the old stuff is still in someone's shed or garage . Some eventually goes to scrap .
No doubt there's some famous kart driven by some famous person worth more then original value .
I would bet Micheal Schumaker's, Lewis Hamilton's, and Ayrten Senna's kart would be worth considerably more than they were new

I know a guy who used to walk around the pits of the pro flat track races at the end of the season and buy up all the motorcycles. he told me they were considered last years junk they were going to get next years latest and greatest from the factory. and he paid pennies on the dollar. Most of the motorcycles he owns are in museums around the country. he says he receives several phone calls a year with people offering 6 figures a piece. he won't sell a one. he's owns most of Gene Romero's Triumph's and Jim Rice's BSAs as well as a host of others we are talking over 50 or 60 historically significant motorcycles. Ask any motorcycle museum Who Bill Milburn is and they will more than likely show you one of his bikes on display

RACING parts and RACING cars are designed to be consumed in the quest for SPEED. Value decreases with age (and diminishing speed potential) quite rapidly. Also, the fact that things can be re-powdercoated and a multitude of sins can be covered make used purchasing dicey. Any kart >10 yrs. old ~$500 IMO. And that's if the (leaky) brakes work.
Thats why I dont buy Anything Used anymore. Got burnt way B4 this pandemic crap we are dealing with. Not no more. Everything I buy now is New,.

What happened was millions of people got $2000 from the government that they didnt need nor did they ask for. Many bought toys and drove the price of toys up considerably. It was instantly a sellers market. People who spent their money on an overpriced kart soon realized they would have to spend an equal amount to actually race, tools, spares etc. They will be selling soon if not already and prices will come back down.

Being involved in vintage karting for a long time. I would say not really, may take about 60 years and throwing away a lot of them to the scrap yard. And down the road, I don't see it happening 10-20 years from now.

Every kart goes up in value as soon as an inexperienced racer wants to buy it. Every kart goes down in value every time an experienced racer wants to buy it

I would bet Micheal Schumaker's, Lewis Hamilton's, and Ayrten Senna's kart would be worth considerably more than they were new
I once had the chance to buy a used Mike Wilson chassis with a top Super A Parilla engine on it for around $1000. A few years later we found out that chassis had been one of Fernando Alonso's factory rides in the World Championship, and by then was worth $$$. Could retire now if I would have bought it then, especially when he tried to buy back many of his former rides for his Kart track/Museum.

https://www.museoycircuitofernandoa...th may vary between,come to drive single days.

Back