Does anyone make nerf bars?

Andy
Contact Earl Watkins @ House of Customs in Danville IL... I'm at home so I can't give you a number for him.. he makes nerf bars to fit almost all of the karts and does do wholesale.. Also has a line of other things he manufactors.

What do you guys use to bend 'em at such a tight radius without kinking?

Get a quality bender like a Woodward fab bender. I wanted a decent quality low cost hand bender. I did a lot of research and settled on the Woodward fab. It will bend from 3/8" up to 7/8", and two square sizes as well. I paid 199 bucks but it's since gone up to 229 bucks in Speedway motors. Don't settle on a Harbor freight 'pipe' bender because that's what it is, a pipe bender not a tubing bender. It will kink your tubing at the top of the radius. Listen to me now or, believe me later.

Oh I already have the "pipe bender" and their decorative band metal bender too.....I was thinking of making some custom dies out of 3/4" ply glued and screwed together and routed with a half-round for that one, to do nerfs. Will report back if it works.

Get a quality bender like a Woodward fab bender. I wanted a decent quality low cost hand bender. I did a lot of research and settled on the Woodward fab. It will bend from 3/8" up to 7/8", and two square sizes as well. I paid 199 bucks but it's since gone up to 229 bucks in Speedway motors. Don't settle on a Harbor freight 'pipe' bender because that's what it is, a pipe bender not a tubing bender. It will kink your tubing at the top of the radius. Listen to me now or, believe me later.

I just checked Speedway website and if its the same one you are talking about they have one listed as a "garage sale" item slightly used for $179

Also found it on Summit for $199 w/free shipping http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hck-spbendkit/overview/

Back