Does anyone remember a past discussion on how to

Atomik

Does anyone remember a past discussion on how to clean out 2 cycle pipes? I’ve tried to find that thread but no luck. Thanks in advance for any help

I just looked at that the other day .
Hot tank .
Barbaque . Turn often .
Rinse with old , mix fuel/oil. The heat with torch .

Phosphiric acid will stop it .
A chain in the pipe will knock some loose but the can you would need to remove or open . Jmo .

I found that some of the off brand name harsher Oven cleaners work exceptionally well cleaning two strokes pipes. The foaming oven cleaner seems to work best, then just rinse it well with water and let it dry.

Also works wonders on aluminum parts and use a brush. But, you have to absolutely make certain that you wash them well with water and stop the chemical reaction once it's cleaned to your liking. But, they'll turn out like new once you scrub them with a wire brush.

Use gloves when handling the parts with the oven cleaner on them.

Put it in the fire 🔥
Burn all the oil up
Blow ash out with compressed air.
Oil the outside of the pipe with extra virgin olive oil and fire on engine ASAP.

I never keep a pipe long enough to have to clean the INSIDE...LOL
I usually wire buff the outside of my pipes, and WD-40 treatment all raceday long.

I shook a pipe an chain yesterday worked pretty good .
Cept i gave out .
A mechanical shaker would be much better then 40 seconds by hand .

One thing i just realized the one pipe i have thats coated in oil / stcky stuff .
I have never ran , its as is purchased . The 25 or so other pipes have no residue and some surface rust or none .
Question ; I have , do you suppose the one oily pipe was ran with castor oil ?

Use a Rosebud tip on your tourch then take it to a radiator shop and have it hot tanked run it afterward and wd40 the outside , or get it coated soon

Back