DOes anyone see honest benefit from billet sidecovers?

Devil-D-Dawg

The theory of the beefier cover being structurally superior makes some sense unless its complete overkill?

Anyone have an opinion?

on a mod yes. A lot like insurance you never need it till it happens.
cost replacement ratio in the event of explosion gets pretty high.
Side cover should improve that . if making big power probably need it , simple cam and piston likely not.

I run a pretty hot Honda. The billet side cover has cured the problems with cover working loose or breaking the pin bosses out of the block.

I welcome proof than the covers themselves are 'the answer'. My belief is that the 'stud' kit is what 'really' gets the job-done. The justifcation in cost too the side-cover would be if it had/has an o-ring seal in it. jmo

All of our Billet side covers come with not only a O-ring but come with a shim/gasket kit to set the proper crank end play on any Honda/Clone block. They will help control crank and block flex because we use duel crank bearings which give you 4 points of contact on the shaft. This helps by controlling the up and down flex from the combustion and the twisting flex caused by the torque pulling the clutch. This will take stress off of the crank journal. It also helps control block flex by using all 4 dowel pins in the block. The Billet side cover is 5 times more ridged than the block its self and will not stretch, flex or twist like the OEM side cover. This flex/twist leads to sidecover bolts backing out, gasket failure, block fatuge and eventually block failure. Another plus with the Billet side cover is the pre-threded vent holes. These can be used for duel vents or a pulse to run the fuel pump.

one thing Jody failed to mention is that they come with a bearing in the side cover for the camshaft unlike the stock cover. I'll have one on my limited animal.

Not all of our Billet side covers come with a cam bearing, some have a brass insert with a direct (ARC custom) oil valley. Depends on the type of engine. All the Raptor, Blockzilla, Animal, 305 and Honda/Clone Billet covers have a ball bearing. The old style Predator does not. It has the instert with a direct (ARC custom) oil valley.

Not all of our Billet side covers come with a cam bearing, some have a brass insert with a direct (ARC custom) oil valley. Depends on the type of engine. All the Raptor, Blockzilla, Animal, 305 and Honda/Clone Billet covers have a ball bearing. The old style Predator does not. It has the instert with a direct (ARC custom) oil valley.
they are well worth the money invested.

Last edited:
All of our Billet side covers come with not only a O-ring but come with a shim/gasket kit to set the proper crank end play on any Honda/Clone block. They will help control crank and block flex because we use duel crank bearings which give you 4 points of contact on the shaft. This helps by controlling the up and down flex from the combustion and the twisting flex caused by the torque pulling the clutch. This will take stress off of the crank journal. It also helps control block flex by using all 4 dowel pins in the block. The Billet side cover is 5 times more ridged than the block its self and will not stretch, flex or twist like the OEM side cover. This flex/twist leads to sidecover bolts backing out, gasket failure, block fatuge and eventually block failure. Another plus with the Billet side cover is the pre-threded vent holes. These can be used for duel vents or a pulse to run the fuel pump.
"Like"....now, can we get them 'made-in-china' as OEM on bsp's....:)

Ha. Believe it or not there still are some businesses that design, manufacture and test there own products that are not from Cali... and we do wear helmets or as we call them "thinking caps"...

The reasoning behind billet sump covers and billet blocks is to elimanate flex,, deadin the vibration.. Sure adds life to the big HP motors..
Here's a method for the poor man to accomplish this feate.. Not saying is as good as billet but it foresure works in building a great foundation to produce more hp safely..

Use some block filler (Drag Racing Stuff) or Bondo, A /B Epoxy, JB Weld..
Lay your sump cover and block down,, make sure they are as close to level as you can get them. They will need to say here for a few days.
They need to be high enough to be able to get your hands under them later..
Drill aprox (4) 1/16 to 1/8 holes.. One in each cavity of the block and sump cover.. Looking in both you ill see the different cavities seperated by stiffener ridges..
Now with your mixture start ag it to each caitytill its flat level with the top of the ridges... make sure the mixtue is coming through the holes on the bottom side.. Take your finger and smeer each area in circular motion.. This will help LOCK the mixture in place when it dries.. Like bolting it down..
Allow to dry a couple days or more.. You my eneed to do a little clearencing around your cam gear on the sump cover..

Now you have SOUND Bottom end

But sometimes people just eat alot to get one... :)

Hundreds of design and testing hours on this one product alone and Captain America wants it copied in China... That a way to ensure jobs for the future generations...
...com'n Jody, do you think 'greater' things have Not sold-out America? (i'm pull'n ur leg...gueez!) "Hundreds of hours(?)...how abt '1000's', or 'years'!!!

Back