does anyone use dragon speech software here on bob's?

Your pc or laptop already is a voice recorder.
Click on start and search for 'sound recorder'.
Thank you Paul, that did the trick. I am now recording with Dragon speaking software.
It wasn’t easy, but I muddled my way through it. And it’s spelled, “muddled” correctly the first time. Of course it’s new and still learning to recognize my words, like putting in “it’s” instead of “it”.
The idea that it can recognize normal speech is not quite right. You need to pronounce your words clearly and that takes some time.
But thank you Paul, I’m in your debt.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

The
It's not working at all!!
To start with it was a week late getting here. I ordered on Monday before Christmas and they said it would be here by Friday but I didn't get it until the next Friday. Maybe not their fault what with Christmas deliveries and all.
I found out it takes some training, which I expected, but what I didn't expect was you need some kind of recording device i.e. A voice recorder of some kind? I don't have one and I haven't made up my mind to buy one.
I purchased a headset to use with windows speech recognition before I purchased Dragon, but I found the headset that comes with dragon is better, much better. So here I am, stuck with windows and the Dragon headset.
I don't know much about voice recorders so if anybody has some recommendations I'll take them under consideration.
And here's the kicker, it's darn near impossible to contact tech at Dragon. I should say completely because I haven't got through yet.
By the way, F. Y. I., This windows program is getting better every day. If you can't touch type, Windows speech recognition will work very well for you. Speech recognition doesn't know how two punctuate so you have to do that, but on the plus side it's a really good speller. Not perfect, but a whole lot more fun than hunting and pecking. If you go slow and it gets the word wrong, just say correct that, and up pops a choice of words to replace a misspelled one.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

I think it missed this one ( or should I say "TWO" ;)

Last edited:
Back