does the usage of 26 lb springs force you to use an electric starter?

As long as the compression release is in tact then you should be okay with a pull start. I personally have never tried it, but I remember Minidragbike posting a video of a 3" motor with a pull starter. I don't know if you know anything about his stuff, but they probably had much heavier springs than 26 lb. You may have to slowly pull the motor over just past TDC on the compression stroke to get a "run and go".. then you have almost two rotations without resistance from the engine's comoression.

i pulled my BP on 26lb springs with out the electric starter. Only thing is, you will need to let the choke in to get it started. If you remove the choke ass. you will need the electric starter to spin it fast enough to get the fuel up to the piston

i pulled my BP on 26lb springs with out the electric starter. Only thing is, you will need to let the choke in to get it started. If you remove the choke ass. you will need the electric starter to spin it fast enough to get the fuel up to the piston
Don....ur Alky carb came w/ no choke (that's good)! So...I prime the fuel line/carb by blowing thru the tank vent (air filter removed), switch 'OFF', hand over carb and 2-3 pulls on the rope! Then....switch 'ON', slight amout of throttle, one-pull of the rope, and....rudd'n, rudd'n!! Re-install Air Cleaner and Go! This routine is only needed at the beginning of the day. No electic starter 'required'!

Back