Does Trick Use A Specific Motor Mount?

MudMonster4

Long time lurker first time poster. We have a 2012 Redemption Champ Kart. Running a 212 Predator. We purchased it used. It came with a 5 degree PMI motor mount that looked to be ground down on one side to fit the larger inner frame tube. It's always been a pain to align the chain with this mount as it really doesn't fit the greatest. Inner frame tube looks to be almost 1 1/2" while the outer tube is 1 1/4" . Also I'm guessing I need an international style wider mount as well? Is this a trick specific part or what mount do I need? Would be awesome to be able to order parts from a website for this Kart.

Attachments

• 20231007_182103.jpg
    20231007_182103.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 16
If I remember correctly the big tube redemption had an 1 3/8 rail. If you call PMI they can machine one side of the mount for you for the big tube. I had an Evo with 1 3/8 right rail and PMI did one for me, I think it was like $20 more than the standard mount.

If I remember correctly the big tube redemption had an 1 3/8 rail. If you call PMI they can machine one side of the mount for you for the big tube. I had an Evo with 1 3/8 right rail and PMI did one for me, I think it was like $20 more than the standard mount.

I'll try to give PMI call. I appreciate it! Calling Trick directly is maddening 😄

Last edited:
A little update to this. After removing the mount, there is a flat spot starting on the larger inner bar. I've only hand tightened the mount since we've had it with a hex key. Never went crazy on it. In contact with Odenthal so hopefully i can get one of their mounts so the lower part of the mount can stay on the chassis. Their frame clamps also seem like they're a lot larger surface area compared to others as well. I also have the trick option, but i have no clue what their factory mount even looks like.

I think the redemption had very thin wall tubing in certain places, most likely where you see the flat spot from having the mount cranked down.

I think the redemption had very thin wall tubing in certain places, most likely where you see the flat spot from having the mount cranked down.
Yeah i cant believe it was bent. Really surprised me. Its not bad but its still there. Still looks straight. The PMI mount that was on it really doesn't have a lot of surface area where it clamps down and its driven by my son who started driving it at 6 so its been over a couple times. Also me being new to this stuff 3 years ago may have over tightened it too i dunno.

Yeah i cant believe it was bent. Really surprised me. Its not bad but its still there. Still looks straight. The PMI mount that was on it really doesn't have a lot of surface area where it clamps down and its driven by my son who started driving it at 6 so its been over a couple times. Also me being new to this stuff 3 years ago may have over tightened it too i dunno.
Grab a socket that is about the same size (a touch smaller) as the inner tube diameter and bolt it onto a piece of threaded rod. Chuck the threaded rod up in your drill. Gently heat up the kink in the tube and slowly run the socket bolted onto the threaded rod into the tubing to round it back out.

Back