Don’t get spoofed

You can if you keep your rule stock out of the box and enforce it, it's working well here If someone would bring a built engine it would be sniffed out in short order and the track would purchase it, pretty simple sooner or later they'll get the hint.
Ken, unless there is specific rules for OTB, besides being out of the box, they will be paying builders to have them built.
Already getting to be a mess at lots of tracks here in the SE IMO.
BSP has a sealed motor, $275 race ready, but folks think that OTB is cheaper when folks are paying $400+ for built ones.

I think the dyno ducar is a much more superior engine over the predator. I bought one the other day and the workmanship is far beyond than that of the predator. The hemi predators will soon be obsolete. Something will be needed to replace them

Ken, unless there is specific rules for OTB, besides being out of the box, they will be paying builders to have them built.
Already getting to be a mess at lots of tracks here in the SE IMO.
BSP has a sealed motor, $275 race ready, but folks think that OTB is cheaper when folks are paying $400+ for built ones.
Of course there are other rules than just out of the box, one of the biggest being the track can purchase the engine at any time, the other places you mention are only having issues because there allowing it to happen, were up to 20 entries and it's not happening here.
I agree with you on the BSP sealed but that should of been the economy engine pushed from the start and is what AKRA should be pushing, I only pointed out the stock predator because it's all ready established and would not add another engine.

There are 2 karting suppliers that are advertising a $30/40 flywheel that is AKRA approved. The way it is worded let’s you to believe it is ok for the clone. IT IS NOT!!! AKRA is working on an introductory engine for the beginner and the flywheel the shops are advertising is for that engine. The flywheel is to light by the AKRA rules and if found on the box stock engines it will be disqualified. Please don’t get spoofed by the “AKRA LEGAL” statement on their site.

I know that AKRA has approved that fly wheel to be sold for the future engine that is going to become available. AKRA has been working on an introductory engine for three years now. I spoke with AKRA and they did inform me that that fly wheel is going to be used on the new Amateur engine. However the way they have it posted can miss lead people who are trying to save money on flywheels that the wheel can be used on the box stock engine and that is not the case. I’m just informing everyone out there to be aware. I don’t go try to correct advertisers type of advertising. I am not happy that the flywheel is going to take place on the new amateur engine because next thing you know it’s going to be mixed in with the stock engines putting more pressure on us as tech inspectors to stay on top of things.

As one of the two karting suppliers who are selling this Die Cast Aluminum flywheel, I wanted to jump in here and clear up any rumors or scuttlebutt about the BSP-JLS Die Cast Aluminum flywheel and, touch on the main concerns that have been voiced about its legality. As per Bill McCutcheon (AKRA) our flywheel was and is approved and for a Track option amateur/economy 196cc classes and specifically their 212cc clone classes (Page 57) in the AKRA Tech Manual. We tell all our dealers and customers that this is not legal for regular clone classes. This is not a spoof AKRA legal ad intended to mislead anyone and is strictly a TRACK OPTION CLASS. Bill and I spoke about this several years ago on numerous occasions and we agreed it would be great for the beginner platform. BSP saw an immediate need for an entry level competitive motor package and moved ahead with the idea. We have not created anymore work for the tech men who operate at the tracks. In fact we have actually decreased their work load. Checking to see if the flywheel is correct on any motor, in any class, at any race is a standard operating procedure for tech men to do to ensure the legality of a motor.

AKRA has not come up with a BOX STOCK amateur class like Don has said but, we have had the sealed Crate Motor for several years now that originated in Florida in collaboration with Laura Lineweaver and TS Racing . It has become a huge success and has spread across the entire south, numerous northern states, Texas, and several other mid-western states. It continues to spread to more tracks and states every day. We needed new blood in karting and a base affordable class/program. We feel we have provided this.

A few things we saw that were needed for this class and flywheel.
1. Wallet friendly? Check
2. Minimal tech with as close to crate out of the box? Check
3. Longevity and reliability? Check
4. Safety? Check
5. Base class to lead up to the blue printed motors for higher classes? Check

Our flywheel was spin tested through BALCO to 10,000 RPM's where I told them to stop because that was faster than this flywheel will ever turn. The BALCO test results are available upon request with a quick phone call to Box Stock Project. Bill (AKRA) also has a copy of the test results. I am not familiar with other companies flywheel ad's that look similar to ours, nor am I privy to their testing results as their flywheel is not purchased through the Box Stock Project. I'm sure a phone call to the other importers who sell this type flywheel will also clear up any confusion. Our BSP-JLS flywheel is not advertised for any regular competition classes. It is strictly designed for an out of the box sealed crate motor with no modifications except for minor endurance parts to ensure the longevity of the motor not for performance! The Box Stock Project is offering this motor and are the only ones permitted to seal this motor which is done only in house. No karters, promoters, sanctioning bodies, or any other entity outside BSP has these specially sequenced seal numbers. We provide a current seal list to tracks and dealers to make sure everyone is on the same page with the engine and seal numbers along with any updates. There are a set of rules that have been in place and are available on TS racing's web site.

Please don't create any confusion or misleading information. There's enough of that out there. We are straight forward and will answer any questions that you are confused about or have been told the wrong thing. I hope this clears up any confusion that has been created. If you have any further questions or concerns please call us at BSP as
we do not monitor our PM's here on Bob's.

Here's a link to our ad on the flywheel:
BSP Die Cast Aluminum Flywheel

Here's a link to the BSP crate motor:

BSP Crate motor

Now approved for NEW AKRA Economy class. OEM Cast Aluminum Flywheel for Box Stock Project and clone engines. Fits the same tapered crankshaft as most aftermarket clone flywheels. It's BALCO certified and spin tested to 10,000 RPM's. Weight is 3.18 pounds.

Fits 196cc and 212cc clone motors!

Questions? 386-938-4211
1582733519675.png

Proudly a VETERAN created, owned, operated company.

1582733496694.png

Back