Dont know if this is good or bad

Sooooo....just bought 2 karts used but proven....they are PRC a triton elite and a Sereph. We are just getting into karting and my son is 14. We will be racing at 4-17 speedway in Punta Gorda Florida. The thing is they are paving the dirt track as we speak. I had some pretty good info for starting out on the dirt but now I am assuming all of that info is out the window. I saw the long and awesome thread about beginning on the dirt tracks and was so full of info. Should I be using that thread as a starting line for setting this kart up, which kart is better on asphalt, tires, gear ugh so much to figure out. The good thing is I guess everyone will be in the same position so to speak with changing the track surface but obviously those with more experience are going to be way ahead in the game. As far as I can figure He will be in Junior 3 class. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated. No i dont expect him to get out there and run at the front but I want him to see he can be competitive until he gets that experience.

KJ26 as stated will have good setup and tire info .
Lots of the info about driving , and preparation will transfer over .
One good thing you may not have a bunch of prep and tires on hand that won't be needed .

Sry busy busy weekend.
Personally I'd put him on the Triton and use the info I posted in the other thread you read.
Jr3 is really close to unrestricted and will usually run faster lap times than a Sr kart because of the weight difference.

If you are good on dirt you can be good on asphalt. Try the same set up just add a touch of camber on both sides, more air in all tires, probably more left but don't do that till you run your current set up. Yellow Vegas are by far the most popular tire. Learn to adjust the chassis rather then doing nothing but tires.

Back