Dont know what to do.

krtrcn

OK I'm sponsoring a class at a local track. Yes I'm racing in it. It was agreed on that it would be stock predator only, and that we wouldn't be the last class out, because I have a early morning church obligation on sundays.
With that being said this past saturday night the track promoter let ducar 212 motors run in all 3 weight classes, without a weight brake. The predator guy's got spanked bad in all 3 classes by the ducar. I talked with the promoter and got the run around.He's going to allow them to run with us without adding weight, which I think is unfair.The second problem is now the track doesnt have a tech man. I know that the motors I run against are legal, because we've all been checked more than once. I'm not saying anyone is cheating.
I really don't want to have to buy yet a different motor just to run a class that is suppose to be only predator's. Then again I dont want to pull my sponsorship, because I gave the man my word.
I don't want to sound like a cry baby, but the promoter should stand behind his word.

I've been on both sides of this remember your also representing the other predator guy's, you guy's had an agreement The promoter broke that you give him 1 week to fix it, not as a threat as a good faith effort or you pull the plug.

Compromise -- all run together, separate points and payout for your Predators, Ducars not eligible. Ducar owners willl gravitate toward the Preds if the Preds are paying and they're not... But any payout class without tech is asking an awful lot of its' participants these days...

Well its almost decision time. Ive talked to the promotor and he says he'll make a decision before the next points race in the middle of june. We'll see. I told him that I will honor my sponsorship, because in my world a man is only as good as his word.
I told him that Im so disappointed Im ready to sell out, even the new trailer I just bought. Then I think no Im not going out like that. I will sell all my 4 cycle stuff and find me a good old fashioned unlimited 2 stroke and go back to having fun. I told the promotor that at almost 55 yrs old I cany handle all the crying and b.s. thats going on.
So if anyone looking for a couple of real good predators and clutchs let me know.

What is a Real Good Predator ? Some thing other then 99 dollars ?
Volunteer to be the tech man for the class.

I get that.
You sponsored a class for "stock" predators. now there not stock or non predator engines in the class.
Things are not as you agreed /wanted ; pull your money.

Krtrcn come on down to patriot we run 150 cc 2smoke air cooled and down all together. Will be running this Saturday , just a few old farts having fun. Last race we had 10 no 4cycles don't want em. Good old fashion fun and cheap . Ps it's a short ride for you I'm from Rutherfordton Chuck.

I started racing with Waddell back in 95. I know all about Patroit because thats the track Im talking about.

Back