Douglad Q or VanK

Douglas q plus..... they just plain last. They take a beatin year after year great wheel for the money.

I have no problem with the Van K's wheel themselves and don't know if there all the same, I just don't like the placement of the valve stems there not as user friendly to add air.

I have no problem with the Van K's wheel themselves and don't know if there all the same, I just don't like the placement of the valve stems there not as user friendly to add air.
The pro maxx is no harder to add air than any other wheel, and as far as durability, they are equal to the q+ I have both kinds and the pro maxx wheels take a beating.
really adding air? thats kinda petty isnt it?
My guess most posting have never bought a set of pro maxx wheels

The pro maxx is no harder to add air than any other wheel, and as far as durability, they are equal to the q+ I have both kinds and the pro maxx wheels take a beating.
really adding air? thats kinda petty isnt it?
My guess most posting have never bought a set of pro maxx wheels
Sounds like the pro maxx are different and No I have none of the those, No not petty for me when I'm making a quick last minute change on air out of a air tank and I end up leaving air out instead of adding because I can't get at the stem.

I liked the pro max for the price and thought they looked cool but after seeing the ER pics on Facebook I’ll stick to Douglas or wms.

I bought a few vank p-zero black wheels wasnt impressed with quality brand new 10" leaked from the weld ill run them till they done but ill be going back to douglas weld quality way better.

I bought a few vank p-zero black wheels wasnt impressed with quality brand new 10" leaked from the weld ill run them till they done but ill be going back to douglas weld quality way better.
Pro maxx and q + are 1 piece, both companies make a cheaper product

I have both Douglas and VanK, don't really notice any difference? Now that I have taken all the stickers off I don't know what is what? I bought Outlaw wheels last, they are a little cheaper and seem to be very nice, no complaints here on any of the brands. I did see one manufacturer had some failures, but for me to make an opinion Id have to know more info. Some can't/don't follow instructions and get hurt?

Douglas DWT Q+ : My opinion has better finish and tires mount/bead-up easier .The edges are smooth and burr free . The Van-K have burrs in the center/stud hole/s and the wheels tire lip has sharp edges . There is also a lack of consistency in finish and weld area ( weld bead width/depth and concentricity .o_O:oops::unsure: Every time picking up the Van-k wheel I loose some confidence from the poor rough finish , wondering if they will fail . Some where I read the Van-K weighs less than Douglas . Although looks do not make speed, I prefer Douglas Q+

Douglas DWT Q+ : My opinion has better finish and tires mount/bead-up easier .The edges are smooth and burr free . The Van-K have burrs in the center/stud hole/s and the wheels tire lip has sharp edges . There is also a lack of consistency in finish and weld area ( weld bead width/depth and concentricity .o_O:oops::unsure: Every time picking up the Van-k wheel I loose some confidence from the poor rough finish , wondering if they will fail . Some where I read the Van-K weighs less than Douglas . Although looks do not make speed, I prefer Douglas Q+
it obvious youre not comparing VanK pro maxx to Q+, like I said above most ave no clue

EXACTLY!
Also, some tire brands (Vega and big Hoosier treads in particular) do mount up more difficult on Van K than Douglas.
We mount and work with all brands. I've not blown up a wheel of any brand so I can't comment on that personally. I do know at least one person who has been injured when a wheel broke and it wasn't pretty.
In my opinion, nothing matches the quality / run-out / consistency of Douglas Q+ wheels. You see the difference when you put them in the tire lathe. That's what we primarily stock and sell the most of through our shop for that reason alone. But we'll continue to get in and work with other brands as the customer wants.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

it obvious youre not comparing VanK pro maxx to Q+, like I said above most ave no clue
This is the first I am hearing that Van-k (aluminum 6'dia.) has a selection other than machined, polished or black. At the time of my purchasing the new Van-k alum. wheels no information provided from the professional kart shop to me of various levels offered ,only choice of machine , polished or black. I chose the machine finish , After reading your reply today I verified what I bought and found I ended up with the "P Zero" line of wheel . These Van-k "P Zero" line are 2pcs welded and after reading today on Van-k site the "Pro-Maxx" line is also a welded wheel assembly as is the Douglas brand . I have not had any issue with the Van-K other than some difficulty getting tires to bead-up and seal to hold air. For myself I prefer Douglas; it may simply be the look of consistent machining , easy of mounting tires and the feel of handling the product . I think both companies use similar manufacturing process of roll forming quality material and welding the 2pcs together and finishing . The few extra dollars for Douglas to me is a very good value as I don't have dozens of sets wheels.

Back