Dover Power Race Tire Rehab

Chuck D38

The last thread in my search was from 2015.

Do any of you use this product for day racing and is it possible that under certain conditions this product can replace tire prep ?

Would you be willing to share your procedure for cleaning and using the product as prep ?
All of our tires are scrubbed clean before we leave the track. We use a variety of tire cleaning solutions including Track Tac , Dover, and Carlson's. Depending on when we plan to run the tires again we may resurface them at the track or the following day. If we are going to run these tires in the next 2 weeks and expect a dry or dry / dusty track wipe in the rehab after resurfacing. Depending on absorption rate we may apply a second coat. Then they're ready to hit the track.

All of our tires are scrubbed clean before we leave the track. We use a variety of tire cleaning solutions including Track Tac , Dover, and Carlson's. Depending on when we plan to run the tires again we may resurface them at the track or the following day. If we are going to run these tires in the next 2 weeks and expect a dry or dry / dusty track wipe in the rehab after resurfacing. Depending on absorption rate we may apply a second coat. Then they're ready to hit the track.
Wipe it on straight same as you would prep, not cut with water I'm assuming.

Wipe it on straight same as you would prep, not cut with water I'm assuming.
Correct, we wipe it on straight. I bought a 5 gallon pale probably 7 years ago. I don't know if anything has changed on the rehab. I know the tire cleaner went to a concentrate.

Back