Dover Purple Plate Clone

gjm30

Dover NKA Purple Plate Clone. Bought new in 2018. About 8 races in 2018. Been sitting since, no races in 2019. $450

I have to think on it because I bought one yesterday morning because I didn't hear anything back, I've heard some story's about D.P. being DQed for being illegal. Make me a deal I can't refuse.

Jerry Dover won't build an illegal motor unless he is asked to... :) DP is a top notch shop and builds some of the best engines out there. You really have to watch racing "gossip" and he said-she said crap...

Never had issues with Dover. Have been running Jr Clones built by him for the last 3-4 years, now running a LO206 he put together. Never an issue.

I have to think on it because I bought one yesterday morning because I didn't hear anything back, I've heard some story's about D.P. being DQed for being illegal. Make me a deal I can't refuse.
If what you say was true you would have never asked about possibly purchasing it !!! If theres a issue we would have been the first to know wouldn't think?? You said stories,, then WHEN,, WHERE and what was called by WHOM?

OVRP years ago for failed carbs on FH’s.. I’m in the market for clones that’s why I asked about. I also called your shop about buying a complete FH long block and left my info with your guy to have you call me back because he couldn’t answer my questions. So I looked to other builders.

Back