Draggin Skin?

I recently picked up a used engine for my Predator super stock class. Class rules say we have to use the factory airbox and carb, but internal engine mod's are okay. The previous owner had the motor dyno'd and that paper work shows 14.96 peak HP at 5200 rpm and 17.61 peak torque at 4200 rpm. The dyno was done a few years ago, and I suspect work was done on the motor since then, but that dyno sheet is my best starting point.

My question is - Does this sound like an engine that would benefit from the Draggin Skin clutch, or should I stick with the six shoe? The track has a shoe clutch rule, so discs are out. I like Max Torque, so I think I'd rather go with the Draggin Skin that switching to a Hillard.

Thanks

according to Hillard's spring chart they can't go that high in engagement so your stuck finding a shoe clutch that will.

What weight are you planning to run? I haven't had much luck with the Draggin Skin when I race at 390. I needs cleaning after every heat or starts to slip and burn up. When I ran at 360 I never really had any issues and really liked the Draggin Skin.

Back