Dream cars

I want a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 2004 - 2008, a Pontiac Grand Prix 3600 supercharged 2004 - 2008, a Pontiac Grand Prix from the 60s to 80s, a Pontiac Bonneville, & a Pontiac Firebird. Im looking to own at least one of these especially the Grand Prix.

Man Pontiac finished off the Grand Prix awesome with the GXP trim which included an LS4 V8, Racing disc brakes with "GXP" in white on red calipers, & bilstein racing shocks. The Grand Prix from the 60s to 70s was nice with those Pontiac V8s especially the 350 and 400, id love to turn one into a street stock when I move up to stock cars, id probably build a Pontiac 350 circle track motor or find an old NASCAR Pontiac V8 and swap it in. Man I miss Pontiac both on the streets and the track.

We had a '68 Grand Prix back in the day, with the 429HO big block. I only got to drive it a few times. Man that big ol' heavy car would flat get it from stop light to stop light. My dad still has the engine and transmission out of it -- everything else was parted out after it was crashed. I really thought the wheels were cool (ribbed cast iron that looked just like my Rupp Turbine wheels on my kart.) Looked a lot like this one but with the 429 emblem on the trim right behind the front tires. It was never a show car though -- just a daily driver. Definitely a sweet car!
As for the street stock idea, we purchased a similar year LeMans to build up -- never happened and just in the past few years it was let go for scrap.

1968 Grand Prix 429HO.jpg

Personally, I like older Vettes. Dad's got one set aside for me, but I'll likely never be able to afford restoring it. Retirement doesn't look very lucrative, or even possible, at the moment. LOL I bought a '60 4 door Impala with the flat tail fins and round back window maybe 10 years ago and still havent' touched it. The idea was to take the family out for ice cream on Sunday afternoons -- like most people's idea of restoration projects -- never happened. Life keeps getting in the way and the kids are off to college now. Maybe someday. :)

We had a '68 Grand Prix back in the day, with the 429HO big block. I only got to drive it a few times. Man that big ol' heavy car would flat get it from stop light to stop light. My dad still has the engine and transmission out of it -- everything else was parted out after it was crashed. I really thought the wheels were cool (ribbed cast iron that looked just like my Rupp Turbine wheels on my kart.) Looked a lot like this one but with the 429 emblem on the trim right behind the front tires. It was never a show car though -- just a daily driver. Definitely a sweet car!
As for the street stock idea, we purchased a similar year LeMans to build up -- never happened and just in the past few years it was let go for scrap.

View attachment 22992
Had a crazy bolt pattern for those wheels as well

View attachment 22992
Hot dang🔥🔥, sweet

67 Vette roadster with the 435 hp 427 would be my choice. Also, in Australia they name Chevrolets as Holdens and they once upon a time made what was an Opel with a 302 Chevy in it. That would be fun.
Same here, although, given the choice, I'd prefer a coupe.
Drove a '67 427/435 roadster on the streets of Long Island briefly one evening (Floral Park/Mineola area) in late 1967 (it belonged to a friend), and that thing was absolutely fierce. Fell in love, but when it came on the market in early 1968 for $3400 (to finance the tow vehicle portion of my buddy's drag race program), my wife wouldn't let me buy it. In 1988 or so, she was watching one of those high end auto auctions on TV and one just like it came up for bid and went for $65,000. Didn't do much good when she said, "I should have let you buy Casey's."

I have many dream cars, but I was lucky to be able to afford one of them. Not the Cobra Chuck (Nobozos) wants, but still a nice ride. Chuck was nice enough to ride with me when I pick it up at an Atlanta Jaguar dealer, right?

Attachments

• 276161237_10223842824190797_6833499681659068850_n.jpg
    276161237_10223842824190797_6833499681659068850_n.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I havevmany dream cars, but I was lucky to be able to afford one of them. Not the Cobra Chuck (Nobozos) wants, but still a nice ride. Chuck was nice enough to ride with me when I pick it up at an Atlanta Jaguar dealer, right?
didnt know there were pontiac fans on this site. very cool I have a 74 455 trans am. and a 67 396 elcamino. so I have some of my favorites. I believe the engine in the 68 gp was a 428. just saying. chuck

Not quite a dream car yet, but a real joy. I have a 2007 3/4 ton diesel GMC for race car and any other heavy hauling (looks like that beast is going to run forever) and a 4 door Jeep Wrangler. What are the odds of both breaking down the same day with something I can't repair? Pretty slim, I thought (4 years ago). But the GMC came down with TWO leaky brake lines (so no brakes), one so fine I missed it, and a special part of the fuel system in the Jeep fell victim to leakage caused by squirrels with funny appetites. Had the GMC towed off and made it to the dealer with the Jeep and they sent me home in a shuttle they ran. So I walked 4 minutes down the hill on the rural road I live on to the only business out here, a used car dealer set back in the trees that specializes in used Mustangs. He and his daughter immediately fixed me up in a low mileage 2014 5.0 Mustang GT with nice mags of a style I had never seen before and quite a list of options.

Sent a picture of it to my grandson, the Mustang lover, and he immediately asked if I knew that I had Trac Pac model? I didn't, so I looked it up and discovered that the boss's daughter had listed all the Trac Pac options, mixed in with the rest; the track pac option (only available on the 6 speed manual 5.0 GTs) converts the suspension to a level suitable for SCCA Street Stock road racing (and includes a 3.74 posi rear end), with the only external indication being the mag wheels unique to that package, which my grandson immediately recognized. It rides about the same as my 3/4 ton pickup, but it does handle exceptionally well, better than any Mustang I've ever owned previously, and with 425 hp, it will scoot right on down the road, although you do have to learn to synchronize your throttle work with your shifts to avoid excessive wheel spin. Not my dream Corvette, but a good used '67 427/435 would cost me most or all of my life savings, and this toy was less than $20K with all taxes and charges when I bought it with 18k miles on it. Since it's my "spare" it usually only gets exercised once a week and only cleared 25K miles last week.

Nice … my pap had a Rebel SST. It was that dark burgundy with a black vinyl top and black interior. My dad said it ran extremely well.

I want a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 2004 - 2008, a Pontiac Grand Prix 3600 supercharged 2004 - 2008, a Pontiac Grand Prix from the 60s to 80s, a Pontiac Bonneville, & a Pontiac Firebird. Im looking to own at least one of these especially the Grand Prix.

Man Pontiac finished off the Grand Prix awesome with the GXP trim which included an LS4 V8, Racing disc brakes with "GXP" in white on red calipers, & bilstein racing shocks. The Grand Prix from the 60s to 70s was nice with those Pontiac V8s especially the 350 and 400, id love to turn one into a street stock when I move up to stock cars, id probably build a Pontiac 350 circle track motor or find an old NASCAR Pontiac V8 and swap it in. Man I miss Pontiac both on the streets and the track.
My son has a GXP, an 06, I think, that could be for sale on the cheap side if you are interested.

Back