Dream cars

Ford Pinto wagon, oh if those walls could talk.
All though the cars weren't too bad, we did get 2 great engines from them, the 2.0-2.3 are still a favorite for many styles of racing.
My buddy had a wagon with just the little round window in the back, no where near stock.
The car I drove to work when my wife and I first meet was a 74 pinto 2.0 4 speed

He's right, they are junk. Suspension is junk and the rest of the car basically falls apart around the engine.

Hell the GTO, G8, and Chevy SS aren't even american cars. They're rebranded Holden's because GM owned Holden. Unless it's engine parts good luck finding GTO parts here in the states that aren't take offs from another gto.
My wife drives a 2017 Chevy SS.
The gto and g8 fell apart in short order, my wife is getting ready to trade the SS for a 4runner

My wife drives a 2017 Chevy SS.
The gto and g8 fell apart in short order, my wife is getting ready to trade the SS for a 4runner
I will say this what the big 3 puts out on the American market is all about looking good and "performance". You want reliability look outside America's "big 3".

I love my Durango R/T but that thing does nothing other than look good sitting. Outside of that, terrible.

I will say this what the big 3 puts out on the American market is all about looking good and "performance". You want reliability look outside America's "big 3".

I love my Durango R/T but that thing does nothing other than look good sitting. Outside of that, terrible.
That SS is nice, and it will fly but it has a dash rattle and it drives me nuts.
So its time for it to go

He's right, they are junk. Suspension is junk and the rest of the car basically falls apart around the engine.

Hell the GTO, G8, and Chevy SS aren't even american cars. They're rebranded Holden's because GM owned Holden. Unless it's engine parts good luck finding GTO parts here in the states that aren't take offs from another gto.
Ok, but were talking about the Grand Prix and the Bonneville from Pontiac not the GTO, besides I like the old GTO better than the new one which was actually American made

Dream car and still draming about it ...
TVR Griffit and the LAST Allard ever made.

Just dreamed about the Griffith for #3999 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds when a cobra was $4999 and I couldn't aford either, but missed out on the Last Allard ever mad by $200 and bought a 62 t bird for crusing instead.
YEP american graffiti was then alive, well and exactly like the movie
Chicks liked the T bird a lot more then they ever would have liked the Allard.
Funny how if I said "don't I know you" they'd roll up their window and spit on ya. ... :)
... those were the days my friend... yada yada yada and a lot of fun along the way

Would have had the Allard if I thought I could come up with another $200, SAD REALLY SAD TO THIS DAY

Last edited:
We had a '68 Grand Prix back in the day, with the 429HO big block. I only got to drive it a few times. Man that big ol' heavy car would flat get it from stop light to stop light. My dad still has the engine and transmission out of it -- everything else was parted out after it was crashed. I really thought the wheels were cool (ribbed cast iron that looked just like my Rupp Turbine wheels on my kart.) Looked a lot like this one but with the 429 emblem on the trim right behind the front tires. It was never a show car though -- just a daily driver. Definitely a sweet car!
As for the street stock idea, we purchased a similar year LeMans to build up -- never happened and just in the past few years it was let go for scrap.

View attachment 22992
I owned a 68 Grand Prix that looked exactly like this one. Same dark green color and black vinyl top. 428 four barrel and 400 hydromatic trans. Black leather interior, front bucket seats and a center console. So fast and smooth, it was like taking the couch down the highway. The covered headlights were vacuum operated, the A/C and the radio looked very similar to each other side by side in the dash. People would ask why it had two radios! Rock solid driver, Arco Graphite in the crank case and New York's finest "Gasahol" in the tank. Got 6 or 7 miles per gallon but gas was cheap and my foot was heavy. Traded it for a '71 Fiat 124 Sport. Loved the 5 speed and OHC, it rusted to death in 2 years. Traded that for a '78 Dodge Powerwagon 4x4 with a 318 2 barrel. Fun times....

I notice no one has mentioned the Chevette :). Now there was a real runner, IF you redid it a bit, as a casual acquaintance of mine did. Powering a Chevette with a 4bbl. 454 big block did take a huge number of modifications (the driver sat where the back seat used to be, due to the firewall relocation and modifications, for openers), but if you didn't notice where the driver was sitting, the width of the installed rear tires was another giveaway.

I was always fond of sleepers, and at first glance, this one was a sleeper, just because no one expected much of a Chevette. :)

I notice no one has mentioned the Chevette :). Now there was a real runner, IF you redid it a bit, as a casual acquaintance of mine did. Powering a Chevette with a 4bbl. 454 big block did take a huge number of modifications (the driver sat where the back seat used to be, due to the firewall relocation and modifications, for openers), but if you didn't notice where the driver was sitting, the width of the installed rear tires was another giveaway.

I was always fond of sleepers, and at first glance, this one was a sleeper, just because no one expected much of a Chevette. :)
I've always wanted one of those. Mostly bc I was broke but still wanted to tell the chicks I had a 'Vette 😂

Dream car and still draming about it ...
TVR Griffit and the LAST Allard ever made.

Just dreamed about the Griffith for #3999 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds when a cobra was $4999 and I couldn't aford either, but missed out on the Last Allard ever mad by $200 and bought a 62 t bird for crusing instead.
YEP american graffiti was then alive, well and exactly like the movie
Chicks liked the T bird a lot more then they ever would have liked the Allard.
Funny how if I said "don't I know you" they'd roll up their window and spit on ya. ... :)
... those were the days my friend... yada yada yada and a lot of fun along the way

Would have had the Allard if I thought I could come up with another $200, SAD REALLY SAD TO THIS DAY
most people have no idea what an Allard is or was. your showing your age. JR.A ,,,JR. Allard

Back