Drift Trike

JanGaLanG

Building drift trikes for the family looking to save alittle money because I'm building 4. I noticed the aluminum axles are half the price. I have no experience with aluminum axles can somebody elaborate on if I should try one or if I'll just bend it.

I think it depends on if your interest is being fast or looking/feeling cool with the back end hung out.
Were racers on here not "Show Boat" players and >>>IMHO<<< what ever effort you put into hanging it out no matter what your racing will eat up your go fast hp.

I think an aluminum axle might/would work better on tracks with less grip.

Is anyone doing drift trike really impressed with cool or does fast impress?

Pretty much what I was thinking. Do people run aluminum axles in offset dirt karts or is that a road course thing? I never seen anybody run one or even talk about it.
Years ago and since then the state of the art moved on and on, we were pretty much the "only" one who had any kind of success with an aluminum axle.

One out of thousands doesn't mean we were good.
It just means we were lucky with >circumstances<. ... :(

quick nuther thought on it

An aluminum axle will do everything a steel axle will do only get it done a little slower and a little more

quick nuther thought on it

An aluminum axle will do everything a steel axle will do only get it done a little slower and a little more
Now thats a Teaching Moment .
Slower reaction and more reaction .
That now fits with bang or ease it into the track .

Slower adjective: To fall behind the correct time or rate.
More pronoun: A greater or additional amount of something.

Slower and more is to accomplish or do more of something at a slower rate.

I'm going to be honest man I don't know if your drunk or if English is a second language.

IMHO, it appears I write better drunk then you read and comprehend sober.

Last edited:
Slower adjective: To fall behind the correct time or rate.
More pronoun: A greater or additional amount of something.

Slower and more is to accomplish or do more of something at a slower rate.

IMHO, it appears I write better drunk then you read and comprehend sober.
We all have biased opinions of ourselves.

I have an aluminumn axle on my go kart. I thought it was a better option when I bought it. I had no clue steel was better. I may look at getting a different axle now.

The kart that ran my last 12 years of racing had an aluminum axle. Solid 1-1/4" machined keyways only where I needed them. Local dirt champion , regional and Nation enduro champion on a 10 year old kart. I tried different steel thicknesses and ended up with that same ol axle in it.

Id say put it in there!!!

Back