Drinking and Driving

mikeincoppell

I would like to share a personal experience with everyone that I recently had with drinking and driving.

As I'm sure most of you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the occasional social session - especially during the holidays and on special occasions. A couple of nights ago I was out for an evening with friends, and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before. I took a cab home.

And wouldn't you just know it - on the way home I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident - which was a real surprise because I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

Be careful out there.

Alcohol impairs judgement, but if you know that before you start drinking, wasn't there something already wrong with your judgement when you made the decision to drink in the first place??

For the record, I'm not advocating drinking and driving. Drinking and driving has cost me a lot in my life and I have no use for someone with impaired judgement getting behind the wheel of a 4000 lb car and driving it at any sort of speed. My story is just a joke intended to make people smile and is pure fiction.

For the record, I'm not advocating drinking and driving. Drinking and driving has cost me a lot in my life and I have no use for someone with impaired judgement getting behind the wheel of a 4000 lb car and driving it at any sort of speed. My story is just a joke intended to make people smile and is pure fiction.

I know that

I would like to share a personal experience with everyone that I recently had with drinking and driving.

As I'm sure most of you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the occasional social session - especially during the holidays and on special occasions. A couple of nights ago I was out for an evening with friends, and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before. I took a cab home.

And wouldn't you just know it - on the way home I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident - which was a real surprise because I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

Be careful out there.

"LIKE" (Just think...now you can drive it too parties...as well, and you won't hv2 'call' a cab! :) (must be HOT in Texas...100 2day, 106 2morw here!) Big WKA Clone race 'here' 2morw....i'll watch the '48' w/ 'BUD' at 70* in the Cave...:))

Years ago there was a taxi driver that lived near my Mom, He would sit there and drink all day on the weekends and if he got a call he'd jump in the cab and go pick someone up.
Thats great you go out drinking and do the honorable thing and call a cab and this guy shows up three sheets to the wind.

Years ago there was a taxi driver that lived near my Mom, He would sit there and drink all day on the weekends and if he got a call he'd jump in the cab and go pick someone up.
Thats great you go out drinking and do the honorable thing and call a cab and this guy shows up three sheets to the wind.

One time at a late evening/early morning accident we needed a tow truck and told the dispatcher to send the next up tow truck. He showed up, intoxicated. Checked with dispatch, he was contacted at home. He was taken home after some argument.

Back