Driver gear?

It depends on several factors such as tires, chassis set up, engine performance and track conditions. In a general sense reducing the number of teeth on the front drive gear and/or increasing the number of teeth on the rear axle gear will improve acceleration at the sacrifice of top speed. You can lose top end speed after making the above changes. The best way to know is to make one change at a time then go out on the track and check your lap times.

Needing to be quicker on restart. Better to run a smaller or larger tooth in front?
More times than not with new drivers the problem ends up being the driver holding the wheel VS the clutch driver, it takes awhile until there aggressive enough, provided the gearing you gave for SR Clone is correct trust me it's NOT YOUR GEARING, Clutch itself, Tires, Motor, my be part of it but most likely just the new driver being to timid. You don't gear for take off you gear for the track condition, and shape, and size.

I found a big issue last night. The clutch wasn’t engaging until 4200
That's not good for purple plate, but unless you were last you should of been getting run over pushed from behind helping your take off some, unless all the kids around you are still being little timid as well.

If you have a Hilliard drum clutch consider changing the springs. Two black springs and two white springs are a good starting point. YouTube video will show you the way to do it, so easy.

Back