Driver

Packman88

Gonna go run a indoor race track is pretty small. Gonna be running a green plate clone on treads as that's all we have , and this is a one time deal. Got a bully single disc just curious what a good starting point on front driver would be with the clone.

Thanks !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200224-193935.png
    Screenshot_20200224-193935.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 53
Sm
Smallest rear I have is 53, I been told to turn our green plate 5800-6 , maybe I'm thinking wrong but would a 4.81 be turning it to tight possibly ?
You won't be near that low on the rear if you get the front right.
Does your little driver have enough experience to get the max out of it ?

Also, read this on facebook,
"Now I'm not bashing the track as it is a great track and a fun event but the lack of enforcing of the rules in the jr classes is killing the kart count in these classes. This makes my 3rd year attending this race and the motors in the jr classes are out of control. We had the lowest number of entries to date in the jr classes. When you have predator motors, stock appearing motors and mod motors running in these jr classes you can no longer bring a legal kart and motor and be competitive for the win. Most of the karts were flat out of control and with the bigger track this year some of these jr driver hit the wall hard! I know what we brought to race in the jr2 class and I know what we ran against and none of them were stock. Predators do not belong in the jr classes or mod motors as only a very few have the skills to get them around the track. I hope they address this issue soon before one of these jr divers gets hurt bad or it total kills the jr classes kart counts. My answer to fix this is #1 clone motors only and #2 enforce the plate rules. .375 plate for the rookie,425 plate for jr1 and 500 plate for jr2. It only takes a few minutes to check these plate. If needed I would volunteer to check plates and I have the proper tech tools to do the job. We will be back no matter what is done and we will bring enough motor to keep us competitive for the win. Had a great time just worried about the jr drivers safety."

Just be careful

Also, read this on facebook,
"Now I'm not bashing the track as it is a great track and a fun event but the lack of enforcing of the rules in the jr classes is killing the kart count in these classes. This makes my 3rd year attending this race and the motors in the jr classes are out of control. We had the lowest number of entries to date in the jr classes. When you have predator motors, stock appearing motors and mod motors running in these jr classes you can no longer bring a legal kart and motor and be competitive for the win. Most of the karts were flat out of control and with the bigger track this year some of these jr driver hit the wall hard! I know what we brought to race in the jr2 class and I know what we ran against and none of them were stock. Predators do not belong in the jr classes or mod motors as only a very few have the skills to get them around the track. I hope they address this issue soon before one of these jr divers gets hurt bad or it total kills the jr classes kart counts. My answer to fix this is #1 clone motors only and #2 enforce the plate rules. .375 plate for the rookie,425 plate for jr1 and 500 plate for jr2. It only takes a few minutes to check these plate. If needed I would volunteer to check plates and I have the proper tech tools to do the job. We will be back no matter what is done and we will bring enough motor to keep us competitive for the win. Had a great time just worried about the jr drivers safety."

Just be careful

Thanks, I did notice a predator motor running in the jr 1 or jr2 I can't remember. I guess I'm not sure why the big push to not let them run? The predator faired Well , not sure if they are worried because of them being under powered or over ? I wouldn't think they would be over just simply because I know it's a stock predator minus gov removed, and pipe . But I could easily be missing their point with something

Its a 1/10th dirt track, I'm saying 13-64 to start for green plate at approx. 6050-6250 rpm.
I looked at some more pictures and was coming on to suggest starting with a 12/59 ish, but I'm not seeing a 10th mile, and I'm figuring it's not gripping up real well, Since Kj26 knows it's a 10th I agree with him on starting with the 13/64, thinking I could pull 1 or 2 off the rear to race, I would have a 12 & 14 front driver with me as well.
Good Luck !!

12/55 = 4. 58
13/60 = 4.62
14/64 = 4.57
Answer me a question, if you're going faster, because of the track conditions, how does that change your gear ratio?

Back