Driving Pointers For a New Driver

Backyard Racer

Well, I finally got my learners permit yesterday, and drove my dad's big old suburban around a little bit. Dang, it dont handle like a kart at all :D Does anybody have any tips i could use? Thanks, Noah

Total concentration is key...

Especially when pulling the trailer through a taco bell drivethru

lol. Did i suprise you? I was under the impression that you were under the impression that you thought that i was an adult :D I seriously hope that im not pulling any trailers thru taco bell... taco bell doesnt agree with my stomach... lol

lol. Did i suprise you? I was under the impression that you were under the impression that you thought that i was an adult :D I seriously hope that im not pulling any trailers thru taco bell... taco bell doesnt agree with my stomach... lol

Well I'm not an adult Noah I'm 17. But that did take a lot of concentration.

Don't be distracted, the highway is serious business. That text/phone call can wait.

Thats the truth, but young kids will do it so go ahead and support the junk yards. Pull over somewhere where its safe and then use the phone.
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!
If you had too much to drink don't be afraid to call your folks, I'm sure they will be happy that you called them for them to come and pick you up.
Just be smart.

Last edited:
use your head and be patient !! it will all fall into place . and dont get cought backing up one way streets traffic cops dont like that !!

Watch for other people not paying attention, cause sometimes they don't watch for you.

Probably one of the best pieces of advice I've seen. Of course not using the phone is right up there nowadays. You can be a great driver but it doesn't mean everyone, or anyone, around you is.

Watch as many real life crash test and accident videos as you can. Don't let yourself develop a feeling of invincibility. The consequences of pushing the limits in the wrong environment (e.g. the street vs. the track) are all too real.

The pedal on the left is for slowing down. The steering wheel can also be turned to the right. Don't ride the bumper in front of you. Passing on the left is still the best way. Don't "nudge" other drivers off the road if they're in your way. Buckle up and stay off the phone. That is all...

Put big mud tires on it and black it out with a little camo and head to the holler wide open you will learn something there

Never assume the other drivers are going to do what you would expect them to do. Leave yourself room to avoid others' mistakes.

Back