Dropped Ex valve

Skidude

We dropped a valve this weekend and had a piston strike. I’m reading in AKRA, piston must be unaltered Box Stock only. Will the mark from a valve strike disqualify this piston? I’m also curious about NKA tech on this too.

I don’t think that would get sited at our track but for the cost and the quality of those pistons I’d replace it

If it’s a certified tech looking at it he would need to refer to page 7 paragraph 2 line number 7: if the tech encounters a situation that is not expressed in the manual it is his responsibility to make a decision as to whether or not the item in question is a performance enhancement or not and make his decision from there. That’s what a good tech does. BUT, politics in the event can throw that sentence right out the window!! Again, I could go on and on with horror stories

If it’s a certified tech looking at it he would need to refer to page 7 paragraph 2 line number 7: if the tech encounters a situation that is not expressed in the manual it is his responsibility to make a decision as to whether or not the item in question is a performance enhancement or not and make his decision from there. That’s what a good tech does. BUT, politics in the event can throw that sentence right out the window!! Again, I could go on and on with horror stories
I know what you mean. I just remember how WKA was about a flathead head. Any stray mark could disqualify. I guess my situation could go either way depending on the tech and “who you know.” I’ll just get another piston.

I would replace the piston just on the outside chance that there
could be another failure related to that piston damage. I would
probably do the rod/wrist pin also since most rod failures are on compression and
crunching a valve between the piston and head is an extreme compression event.

Back