Dropping maxxis duro!

racerx59m

I have a new set of pinks and blues!I bought them internally prepped from fairfield motorsports!They duro at 54 to 55!I have ran about 60 laps on them!Im wanting to drop the duro with btgp red to around 48!I don't have a tire roller so I have to externally do it!Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

just keep wiping them if your sure that's the right prep for where you race.
I put 4 thick coats on last night!They went from a 54 to a 50!Will they keep dropping from that point?How long does it take for a night of wipes to fully dry and set in?Before I wipe them again!

I put 4 thick coats on last night!They went from a 54 to a 50!Will they keep dropping from that point?How long does it take for a night of wipes to fully dry and set in?Before I wipe them again!
I want to do this slow so I don't get them too low!I would love to get them to a 45 but that might take awhile but that's totally fine as long as I do it right!

48-45 your at 50 . I would wait a while depending on when you plan on racing them . depending on your temperature/weather conditions .

I won't be racing till the end of March but I wanted to take them down a bit so they don't get harder!Is that a bad idea??

48-45 your at 50 . I would wait a while depending on when you plan on racing them . depending on your temperature/weather conditions .
We usually just have cold weather the first night in the lower 60s after that time by the next race its usually 70 or above

No : if you have any brown trac tac tire tuff conditioner , it would have time to penetrate by March .
I don't have any of that but I just bought the starter kit called moonshine tire prep from wesley LeBlanc racing it came with a qt of watermelon,bubble gum,cherry!And a gallon of AT-2 that and bgtp red and thats what I have to work with!

I don't have any of that but I just bought the starter kit called moonshine tire prep from wesley LeBlanc racing it came with a qt of watermelon,bubble gum,cherry!And a gallon of AT-2 that and bgtp red and thats what I have to work with!
Have you called Wesley and asked him?
You arent asking for that much of a drop in duro, 52-54 to a 48, i wouldnt be wiping an aggressive prep for 4-6 point drop.

4 thick coats isn't advisable in my opinion.
If you only dropped 4 points with 4 wipes, something is wrong with your prep, or possibly the amount of time you allowed for the prep to work.
Since you are in no rush at all with these tires, slow down and take your time.
I'd suggest 1 wipe a day, and check them at 24 hour intervals. No sense rushing to ruin a set of tires.

For now, let the tires warm up to room temperature and check the duro again to see where you're really at.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Call Wesley. He's a good guy and will help you with his prep line better than any of us can.

Back