Drum Clutch

fast42racer

Just getting back into karting. What is the best drum clutch for the box stock predator? Adult Heavy with a 240 lb. driver.

I believe I saw a thread on this recently. The search feature on here can be difficult to use unless you get your keywords just right though. I use a max torque, I believe the previous consensus was that Hortsmans is the best. I’m of the opinion that it doesn’t matter that much at least in weekly as long as it’s not slipping. Keep it clean. Where are you racing?

Edit: I think flattop is right I meant to say Hillard not Hortsman

Last edited:
^ Right there. We sell a ton of Hillys (Hilliard with Bully conversion.)
I prefer the Flame for more tunability, but either Fury or Flame will work great.
Give us a call at the shop if we can be of more help.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Do you sell weights for the Flame, or a set of several springs and weights? I got the clutches used and no weights, very limited springs.

Do you sell weights for the Flame, or a set of several springs and weights? I got the clutches used and no weights, very limited springs.
Yes, we have plenty of weights in stock, as well as the most common springs.
Give us a call during business hours and we can put an order together for you. You might consider making a list of things that you need, as shipping on very small items ends up costly -- add them to something like a prep order and there's no difference in shipping. Just a thought.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com