Dry-Dusty Track

race760

Guys
I'm sure this question has already been covered but we are trying to figure out a tire for a certain track condition we see occasionally where we race. We run all Track Tac products currently.

We run on a track in the South with a lot of sand it. This past weekend the track was hard with a good layer of rubber and prep laid down. Eventually the track begin to dry out and make a lot of dust. The grip went away the drier it got. Eventually the rubber/prep groove begin to be pulled up and transition to just hard packed dirt/sand. Typically this track is fairly wet and we run well on a soft tire. We tried those tires last night but would get loose center off and we could hear some tire squeal when the tires broke lose.

Can you guys please make some recommendations on a Track Tac prep or preps we should use in this condition so we can build a set of tires for these conditions? We really struggle to find a tire that will grip in these conditions.

Thanks

Dry dusty slick? I’ll use black sand on Monday one or two good wipes don’t touch it till Friday. Friday and Saturday I’ll hit it with one good wipe of Rough Cut Diamond per day. And use the Diamond at the track as well. Use the blue tire wash at the track and as soon as they dry hit em with a wipe of diamond.

Guys
I'm sure this question has already been covered but we are trying to figure out a tire for a certain track condition we see occasionally where we race. We run all Track Tac products currently.

We run on a track in the South with a lot of sand it. This past weekend the track was hard with a good layer of rubber and prep laid down. Eventually the track begin to dry out and make a lot of dust. The grip went away the drier it got. Eventually the rubber/prep groove begin to be pulled up and transition to just hard packed dirt/sand. Typically this track is fairly wet and we run well on a soft tire. We tried those tires last night but would get loose center off and we could hear some tire squeal when the tires broke lose.

Can you guys please make some recommendations on a Track Tac prep or preps we should use in this condition so we can build a set of tires for these conditions? We really struggle to find a tire that will grip in these conditions.

Thanks

Have you contacted Trac Tac?
Randy & Chris are very good at customer support and helping folks. Chris regularly answers questions on here as well.
I would think that Black Sand would be their "go to" prep for dry/sandy surfaces, but I believe it takes a lot of cure time to work best (10-14 days.) Some folks are having success cutting it with other preps as well. Acrysol will help it penetrate and dry quicker.
Give TT a call, or send Chris a note on the Trac Tac forum and he can get you straight answers from the source.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Guys

Thanks

Typically when a track goes really hard and dry slick the best tire is a new tire with little to no prep. A lot of times prep is too oily and will cause the dust to stick to the tire and the tire to slide. The bite of a fresh tire will typically work the best in these situations.

How about a dry dusty track where almost everyone is on Vega yellows, and minimal to prep. Accept one guy shows up once in a while that has been karting for years and years and only brought Maxxis. Shows up to the grid wet, not sure what he was using, but half a laps everyone. I know there are many, many variables, too many to cover all of them. But lets assume that at leased one guy on yellows has a good set up. What would be a good combination of prep to use on Vega to keep up with Maxxis? Or... just switch to Maxxis and call it a day? This track for the most part is always dry and dusty, and blue groove is minimal on club nights.

How about a dry dusty track where almost everyone is on Vega yellows, and minimal to prep. Accept one guy shows up once in a while that has been karting for years and years and only brought Maxxis. Shows up to the grid wet, not sure what he was using, but half a laps everyone. I know there are many, many variables, too many to cover all of them. But lets assume that at leased one guy on yellows has a good set up. What would be a good combination of prep to use on Vega to keep up with Maxxis? Or... just switch to Maxxis and call it a day? This track for the most part is always dry and dusty, and blue groove is minimal on club nights.
What class is this in ?

Back