Dry sandy track

New2racing

These past few races I’ve been in, the track was really dry and sandy. Prior to that I’ve been running good. I’m having a problem staying in the groove. My kart wants to push coming out of turn 2 and 4. I’ve got a 2016 PRC Triton. I would also like tire prep suggestions. Thanks!

These past few races I’ve been in, the track was really dry and sandy. Prior to that I’ve been running good. I’m having a problem staying in the groove. My kart wants to push coming out of turn 2 and 4. I’ve got a 2016 PRC Triton. I would also like tire prep suggestions. Thanks!
What have you changed tire wise? Once you have the correct numbers in that Triton, everything else is tires.

Well yes tires are everything to a point...give me your numbers on Triton....my findings with my Tritons ....I get away with higher cross and higher left when track has bite ...but on a night race or whenever track doesn't have bite bring cross down and maybe even bring left down otherwise you have to put way to much bite in your tires ...also when track dries out you really need to back off of prep or at least any aggressive prep which doesn't help so it's best to change your numbers then work on tires less aggressively just my findings

If your looking for tire prep suggestions my advice I can give you is find a set of whatever you have that punches in the higher 50s. Hit them with Trac Tac black sand on Monday let it sit till Friday and use a bite only no softener wipe at the track to light em off. I used Trac Tac rough cut diamond and it works great. With that said I have also purchased some of Mr. Carlson’s monster bite and black bite 2.0 and it works perfect as well. Drops duro minimally and adds bite. You can also try dropping a 1/2 of air. I race dry dusty slick every weekend. I may get told I’m wrong here but it works for us and we got three karts out on it doing pretty well.

Give all details on tires, prep and method used with prep when running good, are you racing only the same tires now when dry ?

Back