Dry/Slick Tracks

first off you do not roll any track tac products,2nd blacksand has a 7 day cure time and does work perfect for a dryslick track

Well first off I couldn't get the stuff to work at all that's why I rolled in the pan and second I had up to 3 weeks cure time and black sand didn't work good on dry slick tracks!! Now what?

Last edited:
Sometimes the best prep to use on a dry slick track is none...
if you don't have time to let black sand cure it will not help. (read instructions)
WD40 works sometimes too. night before and wrap in plastic take off at track, race clean with water apply lite coat so it dries race re-peat.
sometimes just clean tires and run.
ask 100 people and get 100 ways
trial and error and what works best for you!

That's because karting is no longer a hobby sport. It has been moved into a mainstream money making business for many. You will not see those people on here telling ANYTHING. The ones you see passing out info aren't winning those $10,000+ races. I'm sure some will disagree with that last sentence. LOL

Your right......

I have had success with blk sand during a day race with some sunshine, but at night I have always had to go more aggressive.

could never get black to sand to work as well as it should of, tired lots of inside hardly to none tried rolling them in it, always reverterd to something more agressive im excited to see what people suggest.

You used it wrong when you rolled internal and externally. If you follow the directions on the can, believe it or not it works great, and it needs at least a week to cure properly, preferably 10 or more days though. The longer you let it cure, the better the tires will be. It is very hard to beat when used properly and when it is needed. Can also be used at the track mixed 50/50 or 75/25 with acrysol. 75/25 is more black sand and less acrysol, to be clear, but takes a few mins to dry. Also works great mixed 50/50 with goat for dry slick

This is realll funny mix this mix that buy tires and let sit for 2 or 3 weeks he he he dry track track with grip use this stuff just get your dam kart set up and race the track conditions then they all want to chime in and then they say tire temps dont mean anything sounds to me they have prep in the brain has got them all ate upppp !

This is realll funny mix this mix that buy tires and let sit for 2 or 3 weeks he he he dry track track with grip use this stuff just get your dam kart set up and race the track conditions then they all want to chime in and then they say tire temps dont mean anything sounds to me they have prep in the brain has got them all ate upppp !

We get it by now- you don't like prep. Why don't you hang out in the setup and engine threads and leave us "cheaters" to worry with preps?

could never get black to sand to work as well as it should of, tired lots of inside hardly to none tried rolling them in it, always reverterd to something more agressive im excited to see what people suggest.

You can't use Black Sand internal or rolling external because of differential Uptake. In other words, not all the components will be absorbed. With Black Sand you want to spray or wipe it on the tire in several coats allowing it to dry between each coats. You also want to give it a good 4 or 5 days to cure. Then at the track use the PRW-ORANGE between heats. Another thing about Black Sand is if you use it trackside without fully drying and giving time to cure will actually reduce bite.

Thats funny, Daniel Armstrong won $19,000 2 weekends ago, and Justin McDonald won $9000 last weekend. Both are considered to be the best in the business with a few others, and they prepped!!!!

Donnie Nall won over 120 large in 2012, and I think Shay Chavous won over 100 the year before that. As good as that sounds, I'm sure Earl will attest that these teams spend BIG bucks in order to rack up wins that big.

rollin in blacksand was the first mistake,you do not roll tires in any tracktac product...you wipe it on and thats it,blacksand has a cure time to be effective,5-7 is pretty close,hope this helps

i personally challenge you to run your fine tuned setup and unprepped tires to our setup and prepped tires,bet you wont like the results

fastbraden that is ur opinion on not rolling track tac products
u must only run burris
ive been rolling my vegas and pinks inside for the past 2 years and i have beeen better than ever so i believe u might want to reevaluate ur thought and try it dont be so stuck on ur thoughts
miss understood ur post i apologize i thought u ment internal prep

That's it...ya didn't shake the can the right way is why it didn't work right....LOL

It would be an easy mistake, heck your a prep expert and I guess you didnt even know......LOL. In my experiences with it the greasy stuff comes to the top and the good stuff settles to the bottom just FYI so shaking the can good before use is very important. This is the same concept Fastbraden is trying to explain with why you dont roll this product on tires in a pan, it seperates and you only get some of the chemical makeup in the tire and results wont be satisfactory.

Back