Dry/Slick Tracks

could never get black to sand to work as well as it should of, tired lots of inside hardly to none tried rolling them in it, always reverterd to something more agressive im excited to see what people suggest.

Best thing to do is ask around what wins at your local tracks...Black sand is to greasy in this area...it has its place and time though if mixed with something else...why should customers need to mix their own products and hope it works for what they are wanting...when Krug green, PCs, Carlsons, Weldons and some others don't have a need to be mixed to win multiple races...and don't need layers and layers applied during the week...apply at track and go to the front......

Ask around??? No one is telling that information.

Best you can do is get hooked up with a prep dealer/company and stay on the program.

That's another reason this sport is struggling now. I have raced many sports and this one is the worst so far with secrets. They Only help untill u start to bump them.

That's because karting is no longer a hobby sport. It has been moved into a mainstream money making business for many. You will not see those people on here telling ANYTHING. The ones you see passing out info aren't winning those $10,000+ races. I'm sure some will disagree with that last sentence. LOL

That's because karting is no longer a hobby sport. It has been moved into a mainstream money making business for many. You will not see those people on here telling ANYTHING. The ones you see passing out info aren't winning those $10,000+ races. I'm sure some will disagree with that last sentence. LOL

I agree, take the money pay outs of all the classes except for the pro classes. Make the pro racers only race the pro classes.

Theres many preps that will work on a dry slick track. Just have to know how and when to use them, theres where customer service after the sale comes in. The learning curve can be lessened with some help.

Nothing wrong with TT Black Sand. I've used it -- it seems to work better on hard dry surfaces than the typical midwest no bite crumby/dusty stuff we see. It doesn't soften much, but does add bite. Only real problem I have with Black Sand is that it needs a lot of cure time to work best. You really need to apply it 10-14 days ahead of race day. For most Saturday night racers, that means having extra sets of tires left at home to cure, or only racing every other weekend. I'd never roll it internally. Even externally, apply it in very thin wipes and allow to completely dry between coats. Trackside, Black Sand mixed with acrysol 50/50, won't give you near the bite of properly cured black sand and I tend to think this is a band-aid approach to getting your tires right from the beginning.

The Topaz / Black sand mix is good -- but there again, expect some cure time on the Black Sand if you want to maximize it's effect. Be careful with Topaz too, it will drop duro quickly if you roll it!

The Lambert mix mentioned by Kyle is good, but the key ingredient there is creo -- as much as I hate creo, it'll add bite to just about any prep!

Our original Pink Panther is still hard to beat on dry dusty low/no bite tracks. And it can be used during the week or trackside without cutting it with anything. It's still winning races coast to coast today from karts to big cars.
If I can answer any specific questions about our prep, please feel free to call us here at the shop.

---
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
25 years serving the karting industry

That's another reason this sport is struggling now. I have raced many sports and this one is the worst so far with secrets. They Only help untill u start to bump them.

Everything I post is what I would personally do, I have absolutely nothing to hide. At the track I will show you anything just ask

first off you do not roll any track tac products,2nd blacksand has a 7 day cure time and does work perfect for a dryslick track
could never get black to sand to work as well as it should of, tired lots of inside hardly to none tried rolling them in it, always reverterd to something more agressive im excited to see what people suggest.

Back