DU Bushing Install

Anyone near N. Illinois that has the Tools and can perform this operation? Is it even worth worrying about? The Crank came out nice and snug from the non-bushed hole.

Thanks, Folks.

You would need to know how much vertical movement it had before disassembly . To make assessment .
It would be worth it if it was pretty loose .
A loose one is better then a poorly done new one and any attending damge caused by install .

Obviously Brian is some what close .
A dedicated kart shop is best imho .
Small engine shop could maybe do it , if you find an old guy .
Still its a risk .

You would need to know how much vertical movement it had before disassembly . To make assessment .
It would be worth it if it was pretty loose .
A loose one is better then a poorly done new one and any attending damge caused by install .

Obviously Brian is some what close .
A dedicated kart shop is best imho .
Small engine shop could maybe do it , if you find an old guy .
Still its a risk .
Like I say, RIGHT NOW, it doesn't have a Bushing, and the Crank came out of it nice and snug, and the surfaces look great. Just wondering if I should even worry about having 1 installed? I have the Briggs DU Bushing Kits.

Yea then its a time thing . Once it starts too go bad then it wears on the crank .
I have one that had a lot of time finally wore it out .
So your usage and ultimate goal are factors .
Mini bike , local hot shoe or national level racer .
Stock or modified are also considerations .
Du would be best . Overall ,
It might be easier to source a block with the du bushing already in .
Then youhave guides and seats and bore to worry sbout .
It never stops ...:eek:

I'm building them to flip. Nothing major. Billet Rod, Gov delete, rebuilt Carb, new Gaskets/Seals, Throttle Kit, Tank Brace, switched over to Bearing Sump, etc. Being able to say that they have been DU Bushed would just be a nice addition but, with labor and Shipping....not sure if it's worth it because I will most definitely pass the cost off to the potential buyer. It's most likely not worth anything to a person/buyer/customer that knows nothing of it's importance.

If you're just building them to "flip," then I wouldn't bother with installing the DU bushing. It is better, sure, but it'll add $35 (machine and install only) to the total cost of the engine. Shipping or gas and your time would be in addition to that. I just picked up several nice used WKA engines built by a reputable builder for $50 ea. You'd probably do better to search a bit more to find something better to start with than bone stock stuff. Then again, building them up from scratch can be rewarding as well. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Sure would like to have it done. I may just send them to Brian. In my Mind, I'd love to know that they're in there, and that they were done right.

Sure would like to have it done. I may just send them to Brian. In my Mind, I'd love to know that they're in there, and that they were done right.
All good .
Pay close attention to the part about value ? Puting 200.00$ into an engine that has been selling for 50.00$ even if it was 150.00 .
For fun and personal enjoyment , cost isn't an issue .

All good .
Pay close attention to the part about value ? Puting 200.00$ into an engine that has been selling for 50.00$ even if it was 150.00 .
For fun and personal enjoyment , cost isn't an issue .
Oh I'm watching what they go for. WAY more than 50, trust me.

Back