Dual carbs

flattop1

Dawg 89
My situation is i have a twin carb reed cage , no carbs.
Speed cost money how fast you want too go- I'm a tight wad:)
So the benifit of dual carbs is plenty of air and fuel along with high velocity air flow . Which should equate to good throttle control and max power .
A big single carb is simpler , easier to adjust . With a small decease in avalible power maybe slightly less throttle control .
Correct me if thats a wrong assumption.
I have some tillys and would not be agasinst buying others.
Question is , is it absolutely necessary for them to be twins ?
Why wouldn't 2 wb3a's work with adaption ?
Is it worth the trouble or should i find a large cage manifold / reed assembly and use one of my current big carbs ?
Thanks for any insight
Tony

on our open stuff I always had my best luck with a 360 on the bottom and a 380 on the top. we use that combination on a stroked sudam to our BRC

the one thing I was always nervous about with the dual carb set up on my sudam was how to know if both carbs are pulling fuel while youre racing at speed, and maybe if one isn't and you end up leaning it out and sticking a piston....(cough-cough) ;)

the one thing I was always nervous about with the dual carb set up on my sudam was how to know if both carbs are pulling fuel while youre racing at speed, and maybe if one isn't and you end up leaning it out and sticking a piston....(cough-cough) ;)

Had this exact thing happen running one on the stand the other day. Took a lot of WD40 in the inlet cap and running time to get the top one to finally start sucking fuel. Seems like it doesn’t take much to make a pumper to get stuck, makes me wonder the likelihood of one just deciding to stop pulling while out on the track.

on our open stuff I always had my best luck with a 360 on the bottom and a 380 on the top. we use that combination on a stroked sudam to our BRC
Turns out one inlet is larger then the other . On the reed cage .
Thats no coincidence .
Thanks for the info .

Last edited:
Not all those inlets are the same. Didn’t know until I had ordered some for a dual carb setup that I had used previously on a single. Cap diameter and center screw pitch/diameter was different too.

Back