Dual carburetor

the way ive always done it. i start with all 4 needles 1 1/2 turns out. then when on the track i make the adjustments to my top carb only. when i come off the track i check what adjustment i did to the top carb and then just balance it out between the 2 carbs.

^^ how is that even possible, given varying atmo conditions? :) I've always been nervous of dual carbs for that reason....unless the tuning window is wide....but for the singles, there's usually 1 optimum setting, and an "ok" window...

Ted, Birky has done my engines in the past. He gives me a setting and I use common sense if the temp is getting cold Ill fatten it up, other than that alky engines are very forgivable vs a gas engine where you need to be dead nuts. You should never stick an alky engine from carb tuning.jmo

Brian I am just the other way. I rarely stick my engines on gas but I have had plenty of issues with them on alky even if I flush them right after racing. For me it is easier to carburate on gas. I guess it is what you are more used to.

The guys that I see sticking pistons on alky are trying to tune them like a gas engine where its crisp and clean. That's way to lean, if alky isn't running out the pipe it's to lean. You have to keep them clean on caution laps which is the hard part and always keep a couple extra plugs.

The guys that I see sticking pistons on alky are trying to tune them like a gas engine where its crisp and clean. That's way to lean, if alky isn't running out the pipe it's to lean. You have to keep them clean on caution laps which is the hard part and always keep a couple extra plugs.

I do and even run extra flex to lower temps, plus less advanced timing, but I still have had issues on my Stroker Sudam that I never had on gs engines. I do not have many issues on my PCR on alky though.

Back