Ducar 212cc Mounting Plate

cup1981

Hey all! I raced karts many years ago, and now I just bought my 8- and 12-year-old sons their first racing cart to introduce them to the scene. It is a Benik Cadet kart and came as a rolling chassis (used). I purchased a Ducar 212cc motor to get them started and will later upgrade when they start racing.

I need an engine mounting plate, but I am unsure which one I need. I see flat, 5 degrees, 8 degrees, and 15 degrees. I know this is to allow rear wheel clearance. Does anyone know which mount would work for this chassis/motor combination? Thanks!

I would get 15, a used one will work.
Once you move on to an American oval chassis, it won't swap anyway.
American spacing is what you want I believe

If the tank is on the motor we have been having issues with fuel level on the 15 mounts. Full they vapor lock, but it picks fuel off the high point giving a small margin of error. I am trying the 5 this year to see if it helps. PRC flip mounts are both if they fit your chassis.

If the tank is on the motor we have been having issues with fuel level on the 15 mounts. Full they vapor lock, but it picks fuel off the high point giving a small margin of error. I am trying the 5 this year to see if it helps. PRC flip mounts are both if they fit your chassis.
I appreciate the tip! I have a separate fuel tank, so I will remove the one from the engine and use the fuel bottle under the steering wheel :)

Back