Dumb football play question

paulkish

old fart
what if...

Would it be legal for the quarterback to hand off the ball, say to the right and then the player who received the ball would fake something or another... ending up holding the ball with his left hand hidden behind the quarter backs back. They would then wave their free hands indicating neither of them had the ball. But the quarterback would be waving two hands and arms, one out to his left and one out to the right in front of the person next to him, holding the ball hidden behind his back. The player next to the quarterback would just be waving their right arm out to the right. It would appear that three waving arms were really four to the defenders and that neither had the ball. After a short time when they were momentarily disregarded by defenders, they would continue the play of choice against confused defenders.

:confused:

what if...

Would it be legal for the quarterback to hand off the ball, say to the right and then the player who received the ball would fake something or another... ending up holding the ball with his left hand hidden behind the quarter backs back. They would then wave their free hands indicating neither of them had the ball. But the quarterback would be waving two hands and arms, one out to his left and one out to the right in front of the person next to him, holding the ball hidden behind his back. The player next to the quarterback would just be waving their right arm out to the right. It would appear that three waving arms were really four to the defenders and that neither had the ball. After a short time when they were momentarily disregarded by defenders, they would continue the play of choice against confused defenders.

:confused:
Too much time to develop and would result in a sack, the Statue of Liberty is a play similar to what you describing

Michigan looked good. ... lol

Guess they get a new coach next year.

an unranked team goes for 2 to win against # 3 in the nation, yes we did look good all game, Explain why we need a new coach please with all your football IQ?

An unranked team goes for 2 to win against # 3 in the nation.

With all your football IQ, explain why not and include the dumb call to go for it early on in the game. The coach may know a lot about football, but didn't have the smarts to realize they were in a winning situation. He played the team he was in charge of, as if they were loooooosers with no chance. That coach had no faith in his team and should be fired. period

I had more faith in his team sitting in my Ohio home, then he did.

An unranked team goes for 2 to win against # 3 in the nation.

With all your football IQ, explain why not and include the dumb call to go for it early on in the game. The coach may know a lot about football, but didn't have the smarts to realize they were in a winning situation. He played the team he was in charge of, as if they were loooooosers with no chance. That coach had no faith in his team and should be fired. period

I had more faith in his team sitting in my Ohio home, then he did.
did going for it on 4th down change the outcome of the game?
Our #1 field goal kicker was out with an injury so the field goal wasnt 100%
We were on the 30 yard line about at max for the back up kicker, and a punt would of more than likely went in the end zone and come out to the 25
You do know that the OC is in charge of the offense, and while I agree Borges should be replaced, going for it on 4th when you have nothing to loose in the greatest rivalry in all college football takes big one's, end of story
I guess to you what the Ohio player done after he was kicked out was ok?
What about OSU's players throwing punches, it sound to me by your logic Ohio should fire its coach for not teaching them respect?

What about OSU's players throwing punches, it sound to me by your logic Ohio should fire its coach for not teaching them respect?
On a karting forum talking about a football game outcome you don't want to confuse the issue even more by introducing the concept of logic.
Logic does not live here! ;)

Not to get off the subject of the original question but Michigan's coaching staff made the right call to go for 2 at the end of the game. With nothing to lose it was the right decision and worth the risk. If they made the conversion then everyone would be saying it was a great call. If anything, Ohio State should fall in the standings due to poor play against an unraked team.

Common now, MICHIGAN STATE not having anyone at the game who could kick a field goal? AND WHO'S FAULT IS THAT? The coach was in a loosing state of mind and totally lost the game the STUDENTS won !

Watching the game, I, ME, MYSELF, PERSONALLY, living in Ohio... had total confidence OT would have put a win on the Michigan State Student body side. The team had a winning attitude and won the game, THE COACH and HIS LOOSER ATTITUDE, lost the game. period

What all Ohio State fans should do is praise up and down the Michigan coach. Hoping they keep him on the books for many years to come. It's a sure way to guarantee the Ohio State coach his job. After all it really doesn't matter what Ohio State does, so long as they BEAT MICHIGAN ! ... and at Michigan's HUGE home field, it's even sweeter.

Oh yeah, Auburn-Alabama? ... neat ending to the game, but nobody really cares, it's old news already. Even here on bob's it's about to fall off the screen. It ain't like something happened with a Florida team or even a California team. Common now Auburn-Alabama?, who cares. ... :)

edit: and ps... Hey, I don't think anyone even knows where Auburn is. Yeah Alabama's a state, but where the heck is Auburn anyhow? ... nevermind, I'm sure nobody really even cares where it is.

Common now, MICHIGAN STATE not having anyone at the game who could kick a field goal? AND WHO'S FAULT IS THAT? The coach was in a loosing state of mind and totally lost the game the STUDENTS won !

Watching the game, I, ME, MYSELF, PERSONALLY, living in Ohio... had total confidence OT would have put a win on the Michigan State Student body side. The team had a winning attitude and won the game, THE COACH and HIS LOOSER ATTITUDE, lost the game. period

What all Ohio State fans should do is praise up and down the Michigan coach. Hoping they keep him on the books for many years to come. It's a sure way to guarantee the Ohio State coach his job. After all it really doesn't matter what Ohio State does, so long as they BEAT MICHIGAN ! ... and at Michigan's HUGE home field, it's even sweeter.

Paul, we have no idea what you are talking about. Michigan State or Michigan? They are two different teams. LOL

Paul, we have no idea what you are talking about. Michigan State or Michigan? They are two different teams. LOL

oh? ain't they the same thing? heck, until last weekend I thought Auburn was the same as Alabama.

Thanks Davea7, for pointing out my error in a very courteous manner.

paul

Back