Dumbest Ways Of Cheating

I have seen threads similar to this but tech people or just people who have seen people cheating what are some of the dumbest things you guys have seen in karting with people cheating. Wether it be something that doesn’t benefit them much, or is just obvious cheating to just dumb things that are kinda clever but stupid at the same time. In no way am I trying to get any ideas of cheating off this thread I am just curious what the dumbest ways people have cheated before. Or if they have something that is so obvious they are chearing

Growing up (a long time ago ) when kids did everything outside i had control line Cox .049 powered planes ..nitro / alcohol so fast forward 20 plus years and i'm in my briggs flatty 3rd row back pace lap for heat 1 and an old but familiar smell came over me and it was model airplane fuel.
I did not help much as i finished ahead of the front two rows .

some of the dumbest I've ever heard is putting hydrogen peroxide in the oil or the various schemes i heard of people doing things to make the piston fire up from the crankcase.

Not sure if dumb or genius but I've heard of mixing nitro with a burnable gelatin (like vaseline) inside your carb horn before a race. Just slap a dab inside and the idea is with the filter covering it you'll never see it pulling up to grid and you'll have a nitro boost until the vapors and vaseline are burned through. Biggest issue is getting the right amount so that you don't have any residual evidence when tech'd.

Not sure if dumb or genius but I've heard of mixing nitro with a burnable gelatin (like vaseline) inside your carb horn before a race. Just slap a dab inside and the idea is with the filter covering it you'll never see it pulling up to grid and you'll have a nitro boost until the vapors and vaseline are burned through. Biggest issue is getting the right amount so that you don't have any residual evidence when tech'd.
Mike Waltrip tried something like that with a Sterno coated intake...BUSTED!!

I knew a guy that was running a nka clone in akra class at the local track. He didn't get caught because he was best friends with track promoter. I don't remember how well he did though. Lol

I knew a guy that was running a nka clone in akra class at the local track. He didn't get caught because he was best friends with track promoter. I don't remember how well he did though. Lol
I don’t know much about NKA vs AKRA Clones but is there a big difference?

I saw a fellow racer try and pass off a Macmineralli as a stock Kt 100 he almost got away with it. That was at the old municipal stadium in Daytona many many moons ago lol Chuck.

combative hodaka said:
Mike Waltrip tried something like that with a Sterno coated intake...BUSTED!!
Yep, the first year with Toyota at Daytona...I mentioned that some time back. They mixed Propylene Oxide with the substance.

Still do it today on the big track at Daytona, they just wipe off the excess before handing to the tech guy

Not sure it’s dumb but they would blow micro small holes at a angle in a plate and hold it up to the lite and could not see them for extra air with that Said that’s why they started using powder to tech on the plates and putting it on a dark surface to see the extra holes now we are talking about a 8 year olds running purple plate flatheads..
How about drilling the bolts that hold the carb on all the way through to the block to get extra air I had our X-Cal flatheads tech when they would put a long tube on the top of the carb seal it off and start it and sprayed the motor with starting fluid to see if it was drilled somewhere there wasn’t a better plate motor built JMO

It’s one thing to cheat as an adult but to put your kids in a kart with a legal motor and you know it that is totally wrong. I am against all forms of cheating but cheating your kid is even worse. They always says cheaters never win, cheaters may win the races but at least I can go to bed at night knowing I was on a legal motor.

Back