Dumbest Ways Of Cheating

A long time ago I used to buy my engines from Checkered Flag. They caused my son to lose a championship by cutting a couple of thousanths off the top of the piston rather then putting in the proper rod. That is when I started building my own. As it turns out it was actually a good thing because my engines had more power then theirs anyway.
We jumped into the sport this year and after countless hours of research from my brother in law and I we figured out the rules and found some little tricks to make power out of our own builds. We're far from building national level motors but it's very surprising the amount of people we come across that have been in the sport for years that don't have very much knowledge and just buy a $1500 motor every year with a $500 refresh and that's if you don't have a backup or two. I think people would be surprised at what their "builder" actually does in the few hours they put a motor together and pockets $800 bucks. This is not a post talking ourselves up we are far from knowing anything about tires and chassis adjustments are far from an educated guess just a honest statement.

I read that in the early days of NASCAR restrictor plates somebody made a plate out of something that air/fuel would erode/dissolve after a short period of time. Turns out the cylinders didnt like that at all.

Hogged out plates is one. My all time favorite was crossing the scales and when the tech man turned to look at the scale, they would grab the bottom of the scale and pull up. I never seen the ones doing it get caught but I seen it.

What about thinking out side the box here but illicit drugs? Stimulants or nerve meds. Seems to help with every other sport. Reason why they drug test at major events. Not only for steroids either.

We jumped into the sport this year and after countless hours of research from my brother in law and I we figured out the rules and found some little tricks to make power out of our own builds. We're far from building national level motors but it's very surprising the amount of people we come across that have been in the sport for years that don't have very much knowledge and just buy a $1500 motor every year with a $500 refresh and that's if you don't have a backup or two. I think people would be surprised at what their "builder" actually does in the few hours they put a motor together and pockets $800 bucks. This is not a post talking ourselves up we are far from knowing anything about tires and chassis adjustments are far from an educated guess just a honest statement.
When running 4 strokes I have built my own engines and i have used one of the top builders in the country, and I can tell you it was way cheaper to pay that top national builder than trying to find myself and messing so many parts and engines. Besides there are tools needed to have a good engine properly built that are way so expensive that you can't afford buying unless you make a living out of it, other than the knowledge and experience of some of those builders is something you will never reach. In fact I think their work is worth much more than what we pay here in the US, and if you don't believe me check try to find out what top 2 stroke engine builders used to charge in Europe back in the 80s and 90s.

When running 4 strokes I have built my own engines and i have used one of the top builders in the country, and I can tell you it was way cheaper to pay that top national builder than trying to find myself and messing so many parts and engines. Besides there are tools needed to have a good engine properly built that are way so expensive that you can't afford buying unless you make a living out of it, other than the knowledge and experience of some of those builders is something you will never reach. In fact I think their work is worth much more than what we pay here in the US, and if you don't believe me check try to find out what top 2 stroke engine builders used to charge in Europe back in the 80s and 90s.
This isn't Europe in the 80's and we are not building 2 strokes for kids trying to get in F1. We're taking a knock off of a tiller motor stretching the legality to a fine point and going racing at a dirt track in the middle of nowhere.

Hogged out plates is one. My all time favorite was crossing the scales and when the tech man turned to look at the scale, they would grab the bottom of the scale and pull up. I never seen the ones doing it get caught but I seen it.
At Dumplin Valley they had a long track exit. Seen plenty of drivers grabbing hands full of gravel and dumping it in their seat. or their friend come and shake their hand only to be handing them a chunk of lead.

What about thinking out side the box here but illicit drugs? Stimulants or nerve meds. Seems to help with every other sport. Reason why they drug test at major events. Not only for steroids either.
Drug test unless you have a waiver that covers the umpteen different beta blockers, pot is legal in so many states etc.
Should give breathalyzer tests before they go out, there would be many fail.
No need for either in karting, that would drive many away

Oh yeah I understand that. Should have worded it differently. I mean like are people using like prescription drugs or some sort of medication to keep them calm and stuff like that. At my local track you arnt supposed to have any alcohol with you. I rarely see people with alcohol there due to that but that doesn’t mean people arnt drinking and stuff in the pits where not much people see them. A bunch of people smoke like crazy there though which is probably the way it is at most tracks

Drug test unless you have a waiver that covers the umpteen different beta blockers, pot is legal in so many states etc.
Should give breathalyzer tests before they go out, there would be many fail.
No need for either in karting, that would drive many away
Only the ones that are dirty. Honestly who would want to race next to someone dirty anyway? I'm sure engine rules kept cheaters away as well. Or made them play equal.

This isn't Europe in the 80's and we are not building 2 strokes for kids trying to get in F1. We're taking a knock off of a tiller motor stretching the legality to a fine point and going racing at a dirt track in the middle of nowhere.
Well I am not trying to say it is better, in fact I enjoy more racing on any of middle of nowhere tracks you say. What I really mean is you can't build at home what a top builder with the experience and the right tooling can and be legal, doesn't matter where you race those engines will be faster if you have tech. I do not really care much about most of the kids whose parents think they can't make it to F1.

Last edited:
Back