Dumbest Ways Of Cheating

This info comes from a national level engine builder building both engines on the same dyno. I don't think 3/4 is a tie breaker either. Donnie Nall used an NKA motor when he went to the Midwest and beat a slew of AKRA motors there.

Guys down south had EL tires recapped with a different rubber… 1.5 seconds a lap faster in qualifying and got tires impounded…

It’s one thing to cheat as an adult but to put your kids in a kart with a legal motor and you know it that is totally wrong. I am against all forms of cheating but cheating your kid is even worse. They always says cheaters never win, cheaters may win the races but at least I can go to bed at night knowing I was on a legal motor.
We caught a guy at my track in the plate class that had drill 2 small hole in the cylinder of a flathead behind the cover at the top of the coil

Don't know so much about dumbest way of cheating, but I do about the dumbest way of teching. I was DQed once by a techman who checked my choke instead of the throttle. That was hilarious. I won't say who or where to avoid hurting some feelings. You know how things are nowadays, lol.

Don't know so much about dumbest way of cheating, but I do about the dumbest way of teching. I was DQed once by a techman who checked my choke instead of the throttle. That was hilarious. I won't say who or where to avoid hurting some feelings. You know how things are nowadays, lol.
Did you say anything about it when he tried to tech you for it?

It's not cheating per se( just plain dirty)
but I have seen several plug wires pulled by a competitor during a race. I remember watching a well known central states area guy grab the side panel of a guy who was passing him at the Tulsa Shootout in an attempt to keep up--it didn't work.

It's not cheating per se( just plain dirty)
but I have seen several plug wires pulled by a competitor during a race. I remember watching a well known central states area guy grab the side panel of a guy who was passing him at the Tulsa Shootout in an attempt to keep up--it didn't work.
Is there any rules against it? I mean I know obviously it is super dirty to do but if you are at a big NKA or AKRA race and you do something like that will they chuck you out or give you a warning?

Equivalent to pulling a plug wire… I heard stories of when the animals first came out, just reach over and hit the off switch 😂

I don’t know but I was dq’d this weekend for bad gas. I filled up with spec gas at specified station with 87. I empty my kart tank every week. So I poured spec fuel into empty tank and it failed the digitron. Took my whole gas can which is only used for racing and it passed. Emptied gas from kart tank and refilled and it passed 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I don’t get it. I told the tech man that if I was going to cheat we would’ve qualified better.

A long time ago I used to buy my engines from Checkered Flag. They caused my son to lose a championship by cutting a couple of thousanths off the top of the piston rather then putting in the proper rod. That is when I started building my own. As it turns out it was actually a good thing because my engines had more power then theirs anyway.

Back