Duro based on grip

Some lower?

FastBraden is correct. You will sometimes find a low grip/low bite track that can be a bit abraisive and require a harder tire. Yes, sometimes the condition can call for softer duro when no bite is present (usually when the track is wet, cold, and soft). But lets say its a dirt that is hard, dusty, and slick. It requires bite built into the tire, but not necessarily a soft duro.... Soft doesn't equal bite.

FastBraden is correct. You will sometimes find a low grip/low bite track that can be a bit abraisive and require a harder tire. Yes, sometimes the condition can call for softer duro when no bite is present (usually when the track is wet, cold, and soft). But lets say its a dirt that is hard, dusty, and slick. It requires bite built into the tire, but not necessarily a soft duro.... Soft doesn't equal bite.

Bingo !
Less Grip because of wet slick wipe more for bite and ya cannot beat topped with creo, Dry Slick hard with some abrasion USUALLY harder tire less prep, Dry Slick without abrasion requires slightly softer more prep, again this is in general you will always find a certain track that is just totally different.

Good Luck !!

Race track grip is way more about weight transfer and mechanical grip than prep. Prep is just the easy way out from working on the chassis. Did you ever notice how fast the heavy class is some nights when the track is low on grip? Think about it. :)

Mikr

Race track grip is way more about weight transfer and mechanical grip than prep. Prep is just the easy way out from working on the chassis. Did you ever notice how fast the heavy class is some nights when the track is low on grip? Think about it. :)

Mikr

Mike I've had my place for 14 seasons now so yes of course I adjust chassis set up as well, you still need prepped tires to hang, That Heavy class you reference keep in mind were most likely on prepped tires as well. Trust me If I could adjust the chassis and throw on unprepped tires and prove there faster so this prep thing would go away, I'd be all over it.

If your the owner tell the guys no more of the prep crap !! It suckkkks ... Sounds like a eazy fix to me !

How about this show up with no prep and start enjoying karting more !!! You dont have to remind me you are the one that canottttttt live with out it !!

How about this show up with no prep and start enjoying karting more !!! You dont have to remind me you are the one that canottttttt live with out it !!

Come on up and run no prep in PA and watch what happens! Probably see the leader twice from his rear bumper! lol

You dont have anny facts facts are you cant race with out it you change the rubber so much when you use the stuff that [prep] you dont know what you have as a tire but a bunch of chemials in or on them sure i know what the stuff does but never have seen a record set because of it and still everyone still has lots of tires with different preps in them so there know real gain two people i know very well told me they got out of it when a set of tires cost almost the price of a kart this sport would be more injoyable with out the prep crap !

You dont have anny facts facts are you cant race with out it you change the rubber so much when you use the stuff that [prep] you dont know what you have as a tire but a bunch of chemials in or on them sure i know what the stuff does but never have seen a record set because of it and still everyone still has lots of tires with different preps in them so there know real gain two people i know very well told me they got out of it when a set of tires cost almost the price of a kart this sport would be more injoyable with out the prep crap !

I know exactly what is in and on my tires! 1 Chemical inside and 2 at most outside in each set...I could never have near as much in one set of tires as I have in my kart I don't care what you do to them! It would never even be close! lol

You are correct sir. You can't race without prep. You can show up and turn laps and be the lap traffic "pick" kart for the leaders, without prep. But if you want to compete for the win, you'd better be on prepped rubber. If I were to buy a brand new set of tires, mounted on brand new rims, cut, prepped, and balanced, I would think I'd have around $500 in those tires. If you have more than that into a single set of tires, you Sir, ruined karting for yourself. I enjoy every single weekend that I am on the track. And I prep my tires. You are correct about one thing. That would be that if everyone was on unprepped, identical tires, there would be some good racing going on. But if one guy used anything at all(ie-wd40), he would be out front. For anyone to assume that you can adjust a chassis with unprepped tires to be as fast as a chassis with prepped tires, they have a rude awakening coming. It's all part of the equation. I'd like to see someone adjust my kart, with 80 horse, with unprepped tires to be at the front of a UAS race. Every circumstance is different. Every tire is different. Every track is different. Those are THE FACTS. Records speak for themselves. Ask the guys winning 10-$50,000 races if they would be out front without prep. If they tell you they don't prep, my guess is they are BS'n you.

Jimbo your missing some points everybody thats any good thats has got out ofraceing go karts has said its because of the prep/tire crap and yes they were spending big money on there stuff [rubber] yes they did have way more than one set of tires lol!! As i can planly hear and understand lots of racers have just got all kinds of ate up with the prep idea its much more enjoyable with out it i have saw so many non driveing people that dont have a clue soo the driver and seat time is where its at !! And makeing adjustments to your cart !!!!!

Back