Duro. Meter info please

Cak031

Can someone please explain what readings i want for dirt kart racing

What should my tires be for a wet track, dry track.....

How do u determine a low bite track from a high bite track..

Info please

Use the search function and you will have reading for days. Depends on what tires, type of track, where it is, what kart and weight class, etc. There are so many variables to this question. Go to the tracks you plan to race at and ask around, people will help you.

Again, generalization:

Soft tracks = soft tires.
Hard tracks = hard tires.

How soft or hard depends on so many variables. To just throw out a number like 50 duro would be akin to throwing darts in the dark. Duro is not the end-all in tire performance. For example, I can take a tire that is harder than I may want to use, and still build plenty of bite in that tire to make it perform (often as well or better than one that might be punching a certain number.) I'll take bite over duro every time, but the two really should both be considered when working tires.

I determine the amount of grip available in the track by (1 - years of experience,) and 2 - reading my tires. You can drag your shoe across the track in the racing line and get some idea of available grip. You can monitor tire temps and wear as an indicator, but there simply is no substitute for experience.

You really need to get hooked up with a tire guy and follow their lead.
Stick (pun intended) with their tire program and prep line and you will gain valuable information along the way and speed up the learning curve considerably over trying a little of this and a little of that.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You'll be better off NOT chasing Duro numbers only use durometer to confirm which is your softer sets, learn which prep, how much, how to apply and when to apply.

Back