Duro Question

Was at a dirt/clay oval in Ohio over the weekend and a guy told me their tires are ideally around 40 duro for racing. Went home and checked, both of my right-side tires are reading around 27 duro right now. Any advice for hardening them up? What are the consequences for racing with duro that much lower than suggested/what others are doing, if any?

My left side tires are both reading around the 40 mark as of now.

Thanks!

27 to 40 is quite a big jump to harden, I’d get new rights and save the soft ones for practice or a rainy day

Going to lack overall speed and probably chew them off. Kart might feel good but overall slow

I'll be honest, going next weekend just to get some lap time in. I ordered new ones but they might not be here by then. When you say chew them up you aren't implying like pop and send me into the wall are you?

Was at a dirt/clay oval in Ohio over the weekend and a guy told me their tires are ideally around 40 duro for racing. Went home and checked, both of my right-side tires are reading around 27 duro right now. Any advice for hardening them up? What are the consequences for racing with duro that much lower than suggested/what others are doing, if any?

My left side tires are both reading around the 40 mark as of now.

Thanks!
Which tire Burris ? If so 33s

Wow, Hoosiers all the way down to 27....they half to be all kinds of gummy by the end of a race. do you start out fast and then slowly fin yourself slowing down as they warm up? that's what i would imagine is happening on them down that soft

Yes what tire your running now with duro at 27
Hoosier D10

Wow, Hoosiers all the way down to 27....they half to be all kinds of gummy by the end of a race. do you start out fast and then slowly fin yourself slowing down as they warm up? that's what i would imagine is happening on them down that soft

I'd say that's pretty accurate assessment. It's nothing drastic I was just told to not mess with it as far as prep. Instead to use black sand to get some bite. But I don't want to go out there and blow one is all. I figured getting them harder was a lose cause.

The d10 is like an ss11 I think they’re 35 new? Your going to want a harder compound definitely then you will definitely be playing with prep again

You don't have to worry about greater chance of blowing one, however when you run a tire that is way over prepped for the application after a few laps the kart will wonder all over the place you'll have very little control IF you try to stay in the throttle, I call it the hospital wobble !!

You don't have to worry about greater chance of blowing one, however when you run a tire that is way over prepped for the application after a few laps the kart will wonder all over the place you'll have very little control IF you try to stay in the throttle, I call it the hospital wobble !!
Yeah I've been experiencing that now! I get going and then I feel like I'm super loose and all over the place. Looks like the tires might be a lost cause afterall.

Yeah I've been experiencing that now! I get going and then I feel like I'm super loose and all over the place. Looks like the tires might be a lost cause afterall.
Your not only over prepped, your to soft on compound making it even worse, Kyle Gave a good option turn those tires into slop lap set, and get different set closer fit for the application. It's a waste of your time to go with those tires even to just get laps because there will be no productivity.

Back