Dyno cam

Ronb

I have a 420 predator hemi, arc rod,arc flywheel,34 m.m. Flat slide carb,billet side cover, dyno 275 cam with dyno dual springs with the inner springs removed here’s my issue the compression works for about20 times using the onboard electric starter.first time I pulled off the side cover and found the arm bent arm.arc sent me a new cam even though I new it wasn’t their fault the cam I removed was a dyno .308 I put in a .275 because that’s what they had in stock and didn’t want to wait. after starting with no problem for 15to 20 times ,same issue I’ve yet to pull it apart yet but with.002 clearance on the exhaust there is no compression release pop up. Have anyone experienced this problem . Ron

I have heard the same problem with others that run high lift cams with compression releases. The higher spring pressure will damage the arm on the compress release. I would get with Dyno and get some advise from them. They are really good about service.

Just an idea here . Why can't the cam have the compression release ground in like the flathead ? I understand you lose some power and or cylinder compression . Still with a 420 how much hp are you really losing ?

Just an idea here . Why can't the cam have the compression release ground in like the flathead ? I understand you lose some power and or cylinder compression . Still with a 420 how much hp are you really losing ?
The compression release is to help with pull starting. It can be removed for electric starting and clearance on the 58mm crank etc.

Back